Chapter 19 Welcome To The Team

Paul stopping hearing Sam and the pack in his mind a little over five minutes ago. He gripped the stirring wheel tighter as a bunch of howls echoed throughout the woods. Nia held his other hand. "They know don't they?" His silence answered her question. Paul Lahote was officially out of the pack. They got out of the car and into the house. Daylight was starting to fade. Paul gave one last glance to the forest. His former packed stared at him with hurt and disappointment in their eyes. Paul swallowed a lump in his throat before stepping inside the glass house. I shouldn't have left the pack, he said to himself. Paul leaving was a sacrifice he was willing to make so that he won't loose his mate.

"I'm back!" Nia yelled. No answer. The brunette huffed and held up the food. "And I brought take out!" Alas! Heavy footsteps came rushing towards them. They didn't seem to mind that Nia got another recruit. They grabbed the take out bag from her hand and began eating. And by 'them' I meant Bella, Jacob, Seth and Leah. The vampires stared feeling their stomach ache. "So much for what happened? Why is Paul here? Thanks for the food by the way, we love you Nia." THe brunette sassed.

"Thanks Nia." They said in unison, their mouths full of meat.

"And congrats by the way! I told you guys my vision." Alice hugged the newly engaged couple.  Nia and Paul smiled. Edward was the only one who could tell that they were fake. I'm not ready, but I can't loose my mate, Edward heard in both of their minds. Bella wanted to face palm herself. She gave Nia a hug congratulating her. "You don't deal with your problems like this Nia." She whispered in the hug.

"I know. I'm freaking out." She whispered back.

Esmé and Carlisle moved forward saying "As much as celebrating sounds fun. We don't have anymore blood laying around the house. It's time. We must go out and hunt." Everybody shared the same look of worry.

---------

People die because of stupid decisions and stress, Nia felt that she was going to collapse any minute from now. Bella was right, instead of facing reality, she created another fantasy with Paul. She cringed for the last two hours when someone would say 'fiancé' and 'marriage'. She needed a breather. So she went to the highest room in the house and climbed out to the roof. "Oh I'm sorry." Turns out, that was already taken.

"It's okay, downstairs is getting crowded. I would understand if you need your space so sit." Rosalie patted the spot next to her.

Nia, taken back by Rosalie's act of kindness slowly went to the spot and laid beside her. She coughed a bit inhaling the smoke from Rosalie's cigarette. "You smoke?"

"Just because I'm a vampire does not mean that I can do other normal things Nia."

Nia blushed "Right, sorry stupid question."

"It's okay. Do you want?" Nia shook her head 'no' while Rosalie took another puff.

Nia tilted her head in curiosity. "Why are you being so nice to me? No offence but you were quite a bitch to me and Bella in the beginning."

Rosalie threw the cigarette to the ground before looking at the teenager. "I was at first weary of you two. It had been a while since humans came in close contact with me and my family. Iwas just being protective. I was once the nicest girl in the village you know. I had a great life when I was human. I was brought up by a good family, was spoon feed ever since I was a baby but there were things I still wanted. To be married with a nice house and a husband who kissed me when he came home. A family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love."

"What happened?" Nia asked.

"He and a bunch of other drunken men happened. They raped me in a dark alley. No one would even bother to come to my rescue because they were afraid of the rich men who were beating me to death. That's how I met Carlisle who saved me and turned me into what I am now." Her voice cracked. Nia came closer to hug the heartbroken girl. They were both crying. Images of Nia in the alley with Dylan Myers hit her like a truck.

"I'm so sorry." Nia sobbed into Rosalie's neck.

Rosalie shook her head whilst endless tears poured down her cheeks. "Don't be, because I wouldn't have met Emmet." She let out a little smile. "Though it's impossible for me to get pregnant, I still cling to the hope of someday being a mom. Maybe that's why I've been so protective with Bella." She sniffed.

Nia felt so guilty by judging Rosalie the second she was being mean to her and her sister. Nia always thought that an arrow was up her ass all the time, instead, the arrow was stabbed into her heart. "Could I have that cigarette now?" Nia thought aloud.

The blonde handed Nia her pack of cigarettes. "Knock yourself out." Nia lit one and hesitantly placed it in her mouth. She coughed as she took a puff. Rosalie chuckled at the inexperienced teen. "Take it easy Nia. Now tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong."

"You may say that nothing is wrong but your eyes says the opposite."

Nia bit her lip. Rosalie was the last person she would go to for advice. That was up till a couple minutes ago when Rosalie told her very personal stuff. Might as well trust her then. "Okay so imagine a scenario where you love someone and know for sure that you're gonna end up with that person in the long run but aren't ready to make any big commitment right now."

"Hmm" Rosalie leaned back. "That is tricky. But I love Emmet and I'm ready to make any big decision as long as i'm with him."

"So...you're saying that as long as your with the person you love, it doesn't matter."

"I'm saying that if Paul thinks that you're 'the one' then he should wait until you both are ready."