Chapter 14 Mind Over Body

With more vampires turning up, more Quileutes turned.  A whole bunch of newly turned kids was under Sam's care. They showed up scared and confused but their state of shock evolved into honor and strength as the days went by. They started training and patroling around the area taking note of the incoming and outcoming vampires around to protect the people here. Nia heard about them through Seth, Quil, and Embry. They also didn't spare her any details with Paul who was still getting into fights. She scoffed not surprised that the hothead hadn't changed. It surprised her though that when they clarified that he's been getting into fewer fights nowadays. He was trying to be a calm person now. Out of curiosity, Nia asked if he ever started seeing someone new, Seth, Quil, and Embry all shook their heads 'no' and. It's not like I care anyway, she said to herself shrugging.

Still, the pack was getting anxious with the growing amount of vampires in town. They knew that she and the Cullens were no threat but the visitors staying with the Cullens maybe. Most of them weren't vegetarian vampires. They thirsted human blood. Thankfully, they all agreed to hunt in other areas but it still made the newborn vampire guilty. Even though Nia couldn't control herself around humans yet, she knew that the best way to keep everyone safe was to stay away from humans. However, that all changed when two new vampires joined them. 

Two days ago

Renesmé and Nia both sat crossed leg on the porch overlooking the forest. They were catching up-talking about everything they both missed out on each other's lives. 

"What's this?" Nia smiled holding onto Renesmé's bracelet. 

"Jacob made it for me." The little girl perched up showing her aunt more of the bracelet. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." Nia grinned tapping her niece's nose. 

In the distance, she saw Jacob giving a smile at them. He was currently with the newly turned shifters who looked no less than fifteen years of age. They were all in the middle of a discussion when suddenly two figures emerged through the woods. Everybody couldn't see their faces due to them running but they were vampires and were certainly not invited. Jacob sensed the danger and shifted into wolf form before howling to alert the others. 

"C'mon" Nia pulled her niece up and lead her inside the house. "Stay inside and don't come out unless told so okay!" She didn't even wait for a reply before joining the others chase the intruders. 

After a lengthy chase which involves the wolds clawing at the trees when the two jumped tree to tree, they ended up sitting on top of a boulder. The two vampires had smugness written all over their faces as the pack and the newly formed coven gathered from down below. Only Carlisle had a calm expression on his face upon seeing the dark-haired and white-haired vampires who had red glowing eyes. It was obvious that he knew them. 

"Vladimir and Stefan, you're a long way from home." Carlisle remarked looking up at them.

The vampire who had snowy white-haired answered, "We heard the Volturi were moving against you and that you wouldn't stand alone." Nia took note of his strong Romanian accent. 

"But we didn't do what we were accused of-"

"-we do not care what you did Carlisle."

The other one added, "We have been waiting for a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." He smiled making the mood more sinister than it already was. 

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi."

"Well, that's a shame. You think they'll listen?"