Chapter 3 Lost at Harrods

(Outfit)

"I'm so annoyed

"I'm so annoyed. My mom has been calling me non-stop for the past few days. She wants me to come spend Christmas with the family. I would rather spend mine with Krampus." Charlie complained. "Hold on-" He told saleslady holding his new pair of Chanel boots. "-those too." He pointed at the maroon heels.

Nia narrowed her eyes at this. "Is this why you wanted a shopping spree at Harrods?"

"Darling, everyday is a shopping spree for me. I just needed someone to listen while I bitch about my unconventional family." From the moment the two met, Charlie would not ever stop openly loathing his family who still funded his very spoiled life.

Nia mentally rolled her eyes while handing her credit card to saleslady who sold her two new Chanel handbags. "You should give them a chance."

"I know what you're thinking Nia but money doesn't cover the fact that my parents were never there for me growing up."

Nia swallowed her words. "I'm sorry Charlie." She imagined herself in Charlie's shoes. Gosh he must feels so lonely, she thought to herself. "So what are you planning to do this Christmas?"

"Christmas is a month away Nia. I'll probably plan something last minute with some man toy." He saw the pitied look she gave her. "I'll be fine Nia. Don't worry your pretty little head." But the brunette still did.

---------

Nia's eyes wandered back and forth to the families shopping together and at the lonesome expression on her best friend's face. Damn you Harrods. She looked at Charlie again who was hiding his pain with multiple shopping bags. "My family was planning on coming over for the holidays, all of them. My mom and her husband Phil, my dad and his new wife Sue who's bringing her son Seth, My sister Bella who you'll love to give a make over to and her husband Edward. Oh and my little niece Renésmé too. We were all planning to head out to the countryside in a tiny but cozy cottage we've rented out. I was so excited to catch up while sipping hot choco by the fireplace until my mom and Phil backed out to honeymoon in Florida and my dad and Sue decided to stay in Forks to fish with Seth who still hasn't warned up to the idea of them yet." By the time Nia finished, her and Charlie stepped out of the elevator. He walked out first in a diva like manner; swaying his hips and swinging his shopping bags. "What's your point Nia?"

"I'm saying that-" Nia followed him struggling to carry the dozens of shopping bags "-it'll be just me and my sister's family which meant that i'll practically be alone. I need a friend and you're the only one who's available in the holidays."

Charlie stopped walking and turned to face her. "You have Nathan."

"You know that he goes to Scotland with his family every year for the holidays." Nia pouted.

Charlie turned back again and walked in a faster pace. He was heading towards the big Gucci sign. "You can't avoid family!"

"And you can't avoid your boyfriend's mother!"

"Touché bitch!" Nia called back not caring about the weird looks strangers were giving her.

Charlie was right though. I only thing Mrs. Gray hated more than the idea of someone stealing her son away from the Downtown Abbey lifestyle was....none. She had done almost everything to kick Nia out of her precious Nathan's life from bribing her a £100,000 to threatening to have her fired from the U.N. Lady Gray is the epitome of evil T.V. moms. A knot was forming in Nia's stomach. She had completely forgotten that she would be having dinner with Nathan and Lady Gray tonight. And she has yet to buy a dress.

"Wait up Charlie!" Nia bolted to Gucci.