Chapter 6 The Wicked Mother Of Prince Charming

The party Nathan took Nia too was not the kind of party she expected

The party Nathan took Nia too was not the kind of party she expected. Of course she knew of his background, and it wasn't the first time he took her to a fancy party. But this one, was what she would call a royal ball. People in the ballroon (who were undoubtedly toyalty and politicians from all around the world thanks to their flagged sashes) wore gowns and suits that looked like they would cost a fortune-and they did cost a fortune, women wore jewelry that if thrown into the sky, it would be shinier than the stars and everyone carried an aura that screams that they have a rather opulent lifestyle. Nia could swear that she saw Prince Harry five feet from where she stood before he vanished into the crowd. She eyed the back of his head in shock. The red racy dress from the thrift shop made Nia look down in embarrassment. She felt underdressed.

And of course, like the perfect boyfriend Nathan was, he thought otherwise. "Stop hiding your face love, people are staring at you."

"Thanks for making me feel better babe. I totally feel confident now." She flashed a fake smile. The dagger in her eyes made Nathan laugh though, he always found it cute whenever Nia gets mad.

"I meant-" he composed himself "-is that they like what your wearing. Look around darling! You're being photographed."

Indeed, the press surprisingly took interest into ordinary Nia, a commoner in a room full of royals, rich people and politicians. Nia brought her arms to her sides instead of covering her form as she grew comfortable to the attention.

"Ciao bella"

The couple turned around to see a strange man starring at Nia. He had hair as black as night, his skin was whiter than milk, his red eyes could make children cower in fear but his killer smile. He was grinning from ear to ear at the sight of Nia which made her more spooked. But it was the fangs that made Nia took a step back.

"Bella, do not be afraid." The young couple glanced at each other. "My name is Aro. I am Volterra in Italy." He held out his hand.

Nathan, who considered it a crime to be rude chuckled shaking his hand. "Oh right! You must be the mayor. I'm Lord Nathan Grey. My friend from my uni days in Oxford-I believe his name was Marco. He mentioned that his uncle was the mayor of Volterra and-"

"-you're mistaking me with someone else child. I represent something more important than politics." Aro's tune turned low and his toothy grin deepened. Nathan nodded awkwardly retracting his hand.

Aro's attention went back to Nia again. "Nia Swan" She offered a kind smile when he kissed the palm of her hand. She shivered slightly when his cold hands cane in contact with hers. "Pleasure to meet you both. Especially you Bella." His red glowed again. Then, he disappeared into the crowd.

Nathan protectively wrapped an arm around his date. "What a peculiar man."

"Tell me about it hun."