Chapter 12 A Kiss With A Fist

"Shit shit shit shit shit" Nia ran through the forest bumping into plants and branches that were blocking her way. The more she thought of last night, the more she ran faster. That 'goodbye kiss' with Embry turned into something steamier that lasted the whole night. But she didn't feel guilty about that. It was the fact that the whole time Nia bit her lip from moaning another man's name-Paul. All of Nia's feelings for Embry diminished the very second she met Paul, instead, it was replaced a platonic love. It was obvious that Embry felt the exact opposite though. Which is why she left the moment she woke up cuddled in his arms. She had the decency to wake him up though before leaving without saying goodbye. Another concern was that it was passed eight by the looks of the sun, which made her believe that her dad Charlie already kne that his teenage daughter was missing from her dead. Nia swallowed a lump on her throat before pushing one more branch and stumbled into her lawn. Two of the cars; her sister's beat up truck and her dad's chief of police vehicle was missing. They had gone to start their day.

--------

The sound of a car parking downstairs scared Nia, It was lunchtime so Bella was still probably at school. Which left Nia with one inevitable conclusion. It was her dad's. Nia had spent the entire morning coming up with excuses and explanations as to why she was missing from her bed last night. All of them were lies of course. Great, more sins to add in my list Nia thought to herself. Charlie Swan was not a strict parent but if he found  that one of them had snuck and and spend a night with a guy, all hell would break lose. Nia heard loud knocks coming from her door, which was odd since Charlie has keys. She stood up from the couch, more knocks came. It sounded urgent. She opened it. Nia exhaled in relief that it wasn't her dad, it was Quil and Jacob but the looks of their faces said that the news was anything but reliving.

"It's about Embry." Jacob spoke up.

"And Paul." said Quil.

---------

The sight in front of Nia was bloody and brutal. Both teenage boys were rolling around the dirt punching each other senseless. The other teenage boys weren't helping though, forming a circle with them in between chanting the word "Fight, fight, fight!" Nia ran towards Embry and Paul who were showing signs that they were gonna transform any minute now.

"You slept with her you fucker!"

"I will never leave her like you did with millions of girls!" A hard punch sent Embry to the ground but he did not give up fighting.

Jacob was the one who ran to Sam Uley's house who came back five minutes later with a pissed off alpha. But during those five viscous minutes, Nia did her best prying their fists from hitting each other's faces. "Stop! Both of you!" She cried out in vain. At last, they were held back away from each other with Jacob, Quil and two more other guys holding Embry and Sam, Jared and three others holding Paul.

"You both are getting out of control! This isn't how a pack behaves." Sam glared at both Paul and Embry who were trying to catch up with their breathed yet giving each other an intense stare. "You both will have a punishment. As for now, Paul, just tell her the truth."

Nia's eyebrows furrowed. Wasn't I already told everything? Nia suddenly felt scared of what was about to come out of Paul's mouth. Everyone was looking at Paul now who had an intense stare fixated on the girl. Finally, he breathed out "You're-"