Chapter 10

I followed closely behind Ultron as he led me through the base, hurrying up my pace every so often when he would fly down stairs. I had barely any time to look at the robots flying past me as they worked on whatever the main machine ordered them to. "Where am I, really?" I questioned him, hopping down the last few steps and running back to his side. "Hello? If I'm gonna be here, I want a few answers!"

"If you continue this, you're going to receive none," Ultron grumbled. "Your siblings don't harp this much. They keep to themselves, and they're quiet."

"Yeah, because it was their choice," I retorted. We turned a corner, leading to a hallway with several doors on either side. "I'm staying to save them, and you know that. It's not exactly like I have a way to escape on my own, so why even keep my location secret?"

"Ah, the life of a young hero," the robot sighed sarcastically. "So troubling. If it'll keep you off my back, it's an old HYDRA base in Sokovia. I doubt it'll mean anything to you." It did; it was where my father and his team were fighting when I decided to show myself. How funny it came full circle.

Not.

I stayed quiet for the rest of the time, waiting patiently as he knocked on a door. It was opened not even seconds after, and Pietro's curious face peeked out from behind the door. It was hard to believe he was older than me. "So?" he asked the robot, who merely pushed me forward to where I almost crashed into the door. A smile broke out along the boy's face, and he allowed me inside. The room was small, two stiff twin beds a few feet apart, and the other Maximoff twin sat criss-crossed on one of them.

"Deci ce a spus?" Wanda asked her brother when she saw his gleeful expression.

"A decis să rămână," he replied, and a similar look speed across her face. It was strange to see two people that caused so much chaos to be so happy. Pietro laughed when he saw my confused look, nudging me with his shoulder. "When all of this is over, I'll teach you."

"No, when this is over, I'll be the one who ends up teaching her," his sister corrected him, clasping her hands together as she looked me up and down. There were tears forming in her eyes. "You... you're so pretty."

"Um, thanks," I said awkwardly, rubbing my arms while they were crossed against my chest. "Sorry, I'm still trying to comprehend the fact I've had two siblings this entire time. It's a little-"

"Strange?" Pietro laughed, plopping down on the floor and leaning against the wall. He no longer had his black and white track jacket on, revealing his black athletic long sleeve. "Trust me, soră, we're in the same boat. It was really just hope you'd still be alive."

"Pietro!" Wanda scolded.

"Soră?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowing.

"It means sister," the female twin explained, her accent heavy on the translation. She extended a hand in my direction, noticing how I had remained standing. "Sit, please. There's no reason for us to be so formal. We're family after all." I glanced down at her hand, but I didn't budge. Wanda pursed her lips together and lowered her hand. "I know it's not the most... ideal situation, but we're not enemies. To expect you to just trust the two of us is irrational, but I hope someday we can get to that point."

"He said your name is Isabel," Pietro continued. "That's all we know besides the fact you somehow can do things."

"Is... is it biological?" I asked him, turning in his direction. "I can't remember a time where I didn't have my powers."

"We were not born with it," the older boy shook his head. I slowly sat down on the floor, criss-crossing my legs like Wanda did on the bed. "I don't know the full science except that Strucker had positions open to become as powerful as the Avengers. We didn't really think twice."