Mission Atlantis; Chapter 2

"No, no, no, no, no. This is crazy. We don't even know who this guy is!" I yelled at Sam when he walked into Controls. "Not to mention I will have no idea what to do and he might work for a psychopath!" Natasha smirked from her computer.

"Actually," she started, " Scott, or Scott Lang, doesn't work for anyone. He's supposed to be in prison." I threw up my hands in the air.

"So he's crazy."

"Actually, he's not." I looked over at Nat's screen and instantly felt bad. The poor guy had lost his wife and his only daughter because he helped millions take back stolen money from a corrupt company. Ever since, he couldn't hold a job and couldn't even visit his child. Just by reading the few details on him, I realized that he could possibly even need a little help from yours truly.

"Fine, I've had a change of heart," I smiled, running my hand through my hair. Sam chuckled.

"Not like you would have been given a choice. Be quick; if Cap finds out, you're-"

"Dead," Natasha interrupted. "Which she wouldn't be, because I will be personally telling Steve that Isabel was needed back at Stark tower."

"He's gonna call your bluff," I told her grimly.

"Please. I'll work something out. Now go get ready, because you leave in an hour for San Fransisco."

______________________________________________________________________

"Your first solo mission!" Wanda said excitedly. She was helping me pack a duffle bag with clothes, a sleeping mat, food, a few knives, and a couple books. "I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday that I finally got my sister back, and look! I'm just so... happy." Wanda paused and picked up my mission outfit, the very same one she had ended me the day we met. I put my hand on my necklace, which I was wearing, as memories flashed by. Pietro, tackling me to the floor. Prepping up for the battle of Sokovia. Sophia and Pietro's bodies on the ground.

"Do you think...," I swallowed. "Do you think he would be okay with me going?" Wanda looked at me with tearful eyes before pulling me in a hug.

"I think he would be proud. Probably would make a joke about it, but yeah." I smiled softly before setting my hands on my head.

"I could have done something," I whispered. "I was right there, but I didn't do anything."

"And if you did?" Wanda inquired. "You could have been shot as well, and then the both of you would be dead. The past is past and we can't do anything about it." I looked up at her. "Enough about this, you have a mission to go on." I smiled.

"Let's just hope I don't mess it up then."

______________________________________________________________________

A few hours later...

I stood outside Hank Pym's house, silently viewing the place. Apparently, Scott had got his shrinking tech here and was staying as the old man's guest. The only problem was that he had another guest inside. I thought back to how cool it would have been to actually hold that party, but was awoken from my thoughts with a slammed door. I looked up to see Darren Cross, the owner of Pym tech, leave the building. Quietly, I snuck towards the kitchen window and could hear voices inside.

"He knows, he's baiting you!" A woman shouted. "We have to call it off."

"We're all taking risks," said a man. Hank, I thought. So that's probably his daughter Hope with him.

"What if he saw me here?" Hope questioned. I quietly started to open the window, but they were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't notice.

"He didn't," Hank pushed. "There's no way."

"How do you know that?" Suddenly, Hope's phone rang, causing me to jump. "Darren, hi," Hope said nervously. "I'm at home, why? Don't let him rile you up, he's just... he's just a senile old man." Hank glared at Hope angrily, while Scott, who I now noticed was with them, had to hide a smile. "Great, good idea." She ended the phone call and now had Scott and Hank's full attention. I slid down in one of the table's chairs.

"He's adding full body scanners to all entrances and closing exterior vents," Hope muttered. "How are we going to get Scott inside?"

"That would be where I come in," I said calmly, causing the entire group to jump. Hope focused a gun on me. "Put the gun down, Hope. You fire and hell's gonna break loose."

"If I may ask," Hank inquired, "who are you?" I smiled. Hope still had the gun up, so I raised my hand slightly and let a water whip lower it down.

"The name's Isabel," I said as Hope's gun clattered to the floor. "Isabel Stark. Pleasure to see you again," I nodded to Scott, who looked confused.

"You're Isabel, he stammered. "As in Avenger Isabel." I nodded. "You're a lot younger than I thought." I chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess so," I laughed before turning back to the previous conversation. "I can get Scott over here through the water main. You can't add security to it. I can decrease the pressure and get him through."

"And how do you plan to do that?" Hope asked. I snapped my fingers, and all the liquid in their glasses went flying towards me, which I used to form intricate patterns.

"I don't understand one thing though," Hank murmured. "Why are you helping us?" I leaned forward.

"Hank Pym," I sighed. I had a feeling my reason would work out well, even if it was a little cheesy. "I didn't have a family for years until I was picked up by Stark. Didn't even realize I had two siblings searching for me. Then Ultron comes along, creates havoc, and I find them. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, who both had a deep hatred for my adopted father.

"I managed to get them to know the truth, and then we're headed to Sokovia. We defeat Ultron, but for a cost. I lost my brother, and I could have possibly done something to help." I noticed the sad looks they were giving me, and I hurried on. "Then Scott comes along, and I get worried that we'll have another fiasco, but I realize why you're doing this. To help people. All three of you have people you care about, and it will kill you to lose them. I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen." I turned my attention to Scott.

"Let me help you guys out. Scott, if I help, and I know I can, I can get you your daughter back. That child support? Paid in full, with money left over for you to get a house. Not to mention I can hack into my father's system and say you work for him, but you can be working for Pym as long as you like." I looked at all of them. "Same with you two. Anything."

"I say she's in," Scott smiled. Hope and Hank glanced at each other.

"I say yes," Hope said softly. "Can you fight?"

"Please," I laughed. "I have an assassin for a teacher."