A World Divided; Chapter 6

I looked around the room once my eyes opened, but instead of seeing debris surrounding me, I was in a prison cell. This was NOT the time to get a flashback. I pinched myself furiously, but to no avail.

"Wake up!" I screamed at myself. "God dammit, get up!"

"Isabel, what happened?" I turned around to see Loki looking extremely worried.

"Thank God," I said. "I really-"

"They're hurting me." I turned around to see the eight year old me in tears sitting on a rickety bed. "Loki, every day they put blue shots in me. So much...pain." My past self broke down into sobs, and the God of Mischief ran to her and comforted her.

I was extremely confused. I thought I met Loki the day her broke into my father's building, not before.

"It's okay," Loki soothed.

"Why can't you take me to Asgard now?" she cried into his shoulder. "They want me to kill people. They'll turn me into a monster." Loki grabbed the past me and stared into her eyes.

"Isabel. listen to me," he said. "You will never become a monster, understand? You have to fight it."

"How?" she said tearfully, and it broke my heart to hear the pain in her voice. "I don't have powers like you. I can't fight."

"Yes you can," he pushed. "Slow steps. Pretend to help them. You'll escape soon enough. And when you do, I'll come for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki was stuck firmly to a chair with water restraints, and a ten year old me was fearfully watching, her hands out to fight.

"Who are you?" she whimpered. "You can't be in here!"

"Isabel!" Loki said pleadingly. "You know me! I'm your friend!"

"I don't have any friends. Mr. Stark isn't going to be happy you're here. I've never met you!" I saw the God of Mischief's face and realized how heartbroken he was. He had come to take me to a new home, only to find out I didn't remember him at all. And to this day, I had been turning him down, maybe letting him suffer even more.

"You don't...you don't remember me?" Loki said sadly, and she nodded. His face hardened.

"They ruined you!" he screamed, breaking the chains holding him, and my past self yelped and hid under a couch. Loki fell to his knees and began to cry as he saw her scared expression.

"I came to bring you home," he sobbed into his hands, and my heart broke. "I'm so sorry, Isabel. You were right. I should have brought you sooner. This is all my fault."

____________________________________________________________

"Loki!" I shouted, only to wake up with rubble covering me. As I started to dig my way out, I could hear Natasha's worried voice.

"Isabel! Where are you?"

"Here!" I cried out, and I stuck an arm out to the surface. I felt a strong tug, and I was pulled out.

"Isabel, are you okay?" Nat said as she helped dust me off. I noticed she was acting a little more motherly than usual. "Stark's going to kill me." There we go.

"I'm fine," I said hurriedly when I noticed her expression. "You?"

"We have a serious problem," she said worriedly.