Mission Atlantis; Chapter 5

A half hour later, all three of the boys were fast asleep, snoring on Hank's couches. Hank had already retired for the night, leaving me, Hope, and Scott the only ones awake.

"Did you drug them?" I asked Hope, who nodded slightly.

"I may have given them each half a Xanax while Hank explained how the suit worked," she smiled. "Fell right asleep."

"It has been a long night," I laughed softly. "I mean, I just got here a few hours ago."

"Time flies, doesn't it," Scott smiled. "And Hope, I want to thank you for..."

"No, please don't," Hope pushed. "We're all doing this for reasons much bigger than any one of us. I'm just glad that we may have a chance of maybe pulling this off."

"Hey," Scott chuckled. "Thank you, you know, for that pep talk." I stayed quiet as I listened to their conversation. Man, it was cute.

"You know, the honest truth is that I actually went from despising you to almost liking you." Yep, this was pretty cute.

"You should write poetry," Scott joked. Hope smiled back.

"Get some sleep, Scott." And then Hope left. Scott turned his head to me while I smiled like a madman.

"What?" he asked me.

"I ship it."

"WHAT?!? I shushed him and pointed to his friends. "Sorry," Scott whispered loudly before returning to his normal voice. "You think Hope... and me? Nah."

"If it's that hard to believe, we can bet on it," I laughed.

"Maybe not. Can we please talk about something else?"

"Fine," I ended. "Do you know where I'm supposed to sleep? I mean I can find a place if there isn't-"

"You know, Isabel, you surprise me sometimes," Scott thought out loud.

"Pardon?"

"You're ready to sacrifice whatever it takes. Everything is for everyone else. Have you ever had a selfish moment?" I pursed my lips and thought quietly.

"Yes," I admitted. "When Ultron started the Battle of Sokovia. This one little girl I helped; I got attached immediately. I found her body later during the fight. At that moment, I wanted to destroy that robot. I didn't want anyone to help me, I wanted to do it myself." Scott paused.

"I guess I can consider that selfish. Anyways, my room is pretty big. Maybe..."

"Sure," I said quickly. "But I'm sleeping on the floor." Scott laughed.

"Okay then." He walked me over to his room, and I grabbed my duffle bag from earlier, pulled out a sleeping bag, and set it on the floor. I quickly changed into some comfortable clothes and set my mission outfit aside. As I laid in my sleeping bag, I tried to fall asleep, closing my eyes, but sleep wouldn't come. I moaned in frustration. It had now been over an hour.

"Can't sleep?" Scott asked me, and I jumped. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Scott sat up in his bed as he waited for a reply.

"Not at all," I said tiredly. "Side affect of my powers; I can't rest afterward. I guess whoever put them in me thought I would be needing to stay up a lot." I looked at Scott. "You?"

"Nope," Scott smiled. "Don't know why though."

"Well, I know why," I said, pulling off my sleeping bag covers. "Because of Cassie."