Mission Atlantis; Chapter 4

"Thank you for the coffee ma'am," Scott's friend Luis said. "It's not too often that you rob a place, and then get welcomed back. Because we just robbed you!" I shook my head, smiling slightly. No wonder Hank wasn't that happy. If the rest were this stupid, we were all gonna die. I think Hope felt the same way.

"You know that he was arrested for stealing a smoothie machine, right?" Hope murmured to Scott and I.

"Two smoothie machines!" Luis added, as if it made a difference. He even held two fingers up. Hank looked up at the ceiling, clearly not amused.

"Are you sure they can handle this?" I whispered to Scott. "This, no offense, is sort of pathetic, and you're allowing me to come along. I'm a teenager!"

"Oh, we can handle it," Luis smiled. "We're professionals! And damn girl, you look familiar." He put his hand to his mouth. "Creepy robot invasion, right?"

"I dare you to speak of it that way," I threatened him, pointing a finger. "You do, I'm ripping out that tongue." Luis paled.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry! Didn't realize... anyway, we're professionals!"

"You'll have to forgive us if we're not instilled with confidence," Hank voiced. Dave held his hands up slightly.

"Wait, everybody. Just kick back and relax a little bit, man. We know our business." Dave glanced around the room. "We broke into this spooky-ass house, didn't we?"

"Hank let you break into his house," I smirked, crossing my arms. Dave looked offended.

"Really?" He inquired. "Well, maybe I let him let me." I shook my head again.

"Look, it's okay," Scott assured. "They can handle this."

"Yeah, we can handle it," Luis grinned before looking back at me. "Maybe you can meet up with me later too." Okay, that did it. I will admit that ticked me off. Scott glanced at me and bit his lip. Hope looked amused, as if waiting to see what I would do next.

"Oh, Luis," I said in a flirty tone. I walked over, put my hands on his shoulders, and kneed him in the groin, satisfied by the grunt that followed. "Don't even think about it. I can meet up later though. To finish this." I turned my head over to Dave and Kurt, who were horrified. "That goes for the both of you too." I walked back to Hope and recrossed my arms. "Shall we continue?"

"Yes, we shall," Hank said happily.

"You got their credentials?" Scott asked Hope, eyeing me. Seriously, I wasn't going to go and beat him up!

"He's in the system." Hope acknowledged.

"I'm in the system?" Luis said, bewildered. He was leaning up against a chair for support.

"The system," Dave said, impressed.

"The system?" Luis repeated, his voice higher pitched. Hank chuckled nervously. I looked at him.

"We're doomed." He sighed.

"Agreed," I smiled. "Scott, I think it's time to suit up." I addressed Luis, Kurt, and Dave next. "Boys, if you will follow me."

______________________________________________________________________

"Damn! Whoa! That's so cool, bro!" Luis shouted when Scott walked in with the Ant-Man suit on.

"Now look," Scott started, "this is gonna get weird, alright? It's pretty freaky but it's safe. There's no reason to be scared." Luis waved a hand.

"Aw, no, no. Daddy don't get scared," Luis assured him, then he pointed at me. "Except for her." Kurt and Dave nodded.

"Teenage girl is scary," Kurt agreed absentmindedly.

"Isabel's scary?" Scott said, astounded. "And what I'm gonna do isn't?"

"Yeah," Luis nodded. Scott laughed.

"Good." Scott then shrunk himself, causing the three men to jump and yelp. I doubled over in laughter.

"This is the work of the gypsies!" Kurt gasped. I laughed even harder.

"That's... that's... that's witchcraft," Dave shivered.

"Oh, that's amazing," Luis smiled, frightened. "That's like some David Copperfield shit." While I gasped for air, I could see Scott climbing up Luis's shirt.

"That's some kind of wizardry!"

"Sorcery!"

"Hey, uh, Scotty?" Luis said nervously. "Where are you buddy?"

"Don't freak out." Scott yelled. "Look at your shoulder." Luis slowly glanced down and saw Scott's tiny body. He screamed in terror.

"Get off! Get off!" Luis shouted. I shot icy water at Luis's feet, freezing him in place. "Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold!"

"She's a witch!" Dave yelled! I put a hand on my head.

"You are the most stupid person I have ever met," I sighed. I picked Scott off of Luis's shoulder.

"Come on, Isabel! Let me down!" Scott said playfully. I set him on the floor and watched him become normal size.

"You've scared your friends enough." I said sternly. I turned my head to the three boys and mustered the most evil smile. "It's my turn." Dave and Kurt stumbled backward. I laughed and flew behind them.

"Boo," I whispered. I watched them scream in terror as they ran out the door.

For those of you who haven't read the book on Quotev, I'm gonna catch you up a bit. Isabel Stark is... thirteen during this, I believe? The book is in her perspective, so some of her actions and how she sees the world is slightly childish. That goes into the nicknames she has for everyone. As more chapters come and she ages,  she starts seeing things a bit differently. If you've gotten this far, thank you for reading!