Mission Atlantis; Chapter 6

I Apparated in the middle of a New York city alley, scaring a drunk into a screaming fit. As he ran away, I sat down, criss-crossed my legs, and held my head in my hands. I didn't expect anyone except for my dad to try to bring me back to the Avengers facility. Hopefully Clint wouldn't be too bruised up. I lifted my head slowly and glanced at my surroundings. When they all reached for me, I was just trying to get away, not Apparate to a certain spot. Then I noticed a wall with bloodstained hand marks. My bloodstained hand marks. This was the alley where I had been captured by HYDRA. But why did I appear here? I heard a gun click behind me, and I stood up and slowly turned around, raising my hands, to see Nick Fury.

"Please don't shoot," I pleaded, and he lowered the gun. "Am I supposed to come with you or something?"

"Yes and no," Fury replied calmly. "I just came to chat. If you want to do it somewhere else, then we better go."

"I'm fine here," I sighed, sitting back down. "Have you been keeping this alley under watch or something? Because it's freaking me out how people just know where I am."

"Miss Stark, I was just passing through when a screaming drunk ran into me. Poor bitch was rambling about a girl appearing out of nowhere, so of course I came to see what was going on." Fury sat down across from me. "Why are you here?" I sighed and looked down at the concrete.

"Fight against my dad, I guess?" I told him. "I've been busy with a private...thing. Three Avengers are in on it. The problem is that nobody else is, so they thought I ran off. I'm just gonna explain it to them when it's over though." Fury raised an eyebrow.

"Does this have to do with a missing criminal?" he asked me. I looked him in the eye, startled. "I've learned that most problems get taken by you guys to fix. Scott Lang, huh?"

"Scott didn't deserve to be in prison," I said. "Okay, he crashed a car into a pool, but he was stealing stolen money so he could give it back. I'm just helping him get his daughter back."

"This doesn't have to do about the people you murdured when you were younger?" I glared at him. "Not so you can feel as if you helped someone? Because you're just helping yourself."

"No!" I shouted. "Yeah, I killed a lot of people, and none of them were innocent!" I breathed heavily as I continued to glare at him. "Did you come here to make me angry? Because that's all you're accomplishing."

"As a matter of fact, I am," Fury stated as he stood up. "You'll understand one day." I glared one last time before Apparating back to Hank's house.

______________________________________________________________________

"You took on three Avengers, one being your father, and got away?" Hank asked me. I was sitting down at his kitchen table, eating lunch, while Hank asked me where I had been.

"Technically I only beat up Clint, but sure. Yep," I smiled, popping the 'p'. "No biggie though. Not like they attacked me."

"Except you judo flipped your new uncle," said a voice, and I turned to see Scott in the door frame.

"What could I do?" I asked him. "He was begging for it. Don't try to sustain me, it ends out bad. I guess he forgot that."

"I guess so," Hank agreed. "So why the hell were you in Florida?"

"Let's say I woke up because my phone was ringing. I pick it up, and it's Captain America and Iron Man, tracking me so they can bring me back to HQ. If I stayed, they would have come into your house, dragged me away, and also? Destroy any plan of us bombing Pym Tech. Of Scott getting Cassie back." I pursed my lips. "I swear her name could be my war cry."