Mission Atlantis; Chapter 1

"Come on, let's go!" Steve said patiently as we ran our warmup laps. It was five in the morning, and Sam Wilson and I were sprinting our hearts out. Even though I was a teenager and he was a grown man, we were the same speed. So far we were almost done with two miles.

"Easy for him to say," Sam muttered, and I agreed. Steve got the superhuman speed while we were stuck just being, well, average. "Let's get Cap up with us."

"I heard that," Steve chuckled as we passed him. "C'mon Isabel, I thought you were faster than this guy." I looked up at Sam, heaving, and he shrugged. An evil little grin appeared on my face. Sorry Sam, I thought before snapping my fingers. A bubble of water floated over in front of his feet and wet the dirt underneath us, causing him to sink up to his chest in the mud.

"Oh, come on!" Sam shouted at me as I ran past him. "Not cool!" As he struggled to pull himself out, I put on an extra burst of speed on the track, skidding when I stopped by Steve.

"That wasn't what I meant, but oh well," Steve smiled at me. I smiled back, breathing hard and laughing a little.

"Well, nothing you can do about it." I watched as Sam finally managed to pull himself out and finished his last lap. He glared at me playfully. "What you gonna do, Bird Boy?" I teased him.

"I'm gonna get revenge," he laughed. "Bird Boy? Seriously?" Steve started to crack up behind us.

"Seriously. You dress up in a bird costume, fly around, and call yourself the Falcon." I pointed out, causing Steve to laugh even harder. He had to take a few moments to collect himself.

"Okay, that's enough," Steve said sternly, but he still had a smile on his face. "Sam, you're on patrol for the rest of the day. Isabel, you're with Nat for the rest of the hour." I smiled grimly. That meant I would be learning self defense, and by that, would be covered in bruises.

"Got it," I sighed before pointing to the two of them. "Swim party tonight, please don't forget." They both nodded, and I ran off to the base's entrance.

______________________________________________________________________

"Block!" Natasha yelled as she landed a punch on my side. I yelped as I fell over, gasping. Nat held out her hand and helped me back on my feet. "This is the fifth time in the last five minutes, Isabel. Concentrate."

"I'm trying, Nat," I groaned, massaging the area she had hit. "Kind of hard to do well against an experienced spy." She shook her head.

"We'll work something out," she smiled before frowning slightly from a thought. "Isabel, can your water become solid, or freeze up?"

"I don't know," I said, lifting up my hands and staring at them. "I've never tried. I need water." As I walked over to my water bottle, I heard a soft click behind me. I turned around to see Natasha pointing her gun at me. "Nat?" I said cautiously. I watched as she pulled the trigger, and I lifted my hands and closed my eyes. Instead of feeling agonizing pain, I heard a loud thump. I opened my eyes to see the bullet laying on the floor, encased in a block of ice. Nat stared at me triumphantly.

"Well, that's new," she laughed. I glared at her.

"That could have killed me," I said angrily.

"But it didn't."

"It could have."

"But it didn't."

"Okay, okay!" I said, holding my hands up in surrender. "You win. Let's just get back to practice." I took a gulp of water and got into a battle stance, Nat following suit. I then realized how stupid I was not to practice fighting also with my powers. I mean, I wouldn't go in battle without them!

Natasha started with a spin kick to knock me over, but I used a tiny but powerful water whip to lash against her leg and send her flying backwards. She quickly pushed herself off the ground, but in that time I was able to land a solid punch on her arm, strong enough to leave a bruise. Nat retaliated by slugging me in the thigh, but I pulled her down with me with a wave of water and put her in a chokehold.

"That better?" I asked her, but before I finished she judo flipped me. "Ow."

"A hell lot better," she smiled down at me. Suddenly, her phone, which was over by my water bottle, started to ring. She ran over and picked it up. "Hello?" she said, clearly annoyed. but the expression quickly changed. "We have a breach," she told me, ending the call. "Falcon wants you online." We ran to the control room, ignoring the looks of everyone around us. I quickly put a pair of headphones on.

"Falcon?" I asked worriedly. "Status?"

"No damage up here," he replied. "I had a sensor trip, but I'm not seeing anything." He paused. "Wait a second. I heard a muffled voice. "I can see you." I turned on a security camera just in time to see a man appear in a weird suit. He waved at Sam.

"Hi, I'm Scott," he said cheerfully.

"What are you doing here?" Sam said.

"Easy Sam," I muttered.

"First of all, I'm a big fan," Scott smiled. Sam nodded his head.

"Appreciate it. So who the hell are you?"

"I'm Ant-Man." Sam chuckled.

"Ant-Man?"

"Iron Man was taken. You haven't heard of me?" Scott waved his hand. "Nah, you wouldn't have heard of me."

"You want to tell me what you want?" Sam asked. I was a little nervous. We didn't need another bad guy, Ultron was enough for me.

"I was hoping I could grab a piece of technology just for a few days, and then return it. I need it to kinda save the world. You know how that is."

"I know exactly how that is. Isabel?" he called.

Yeah?" I asked. Scott looked at Sam in shock.

"Isabel?" he questioned. "Like the cute magic teen Isabel?" I glared at the computer screen.

"Tell him to shut up," I said darkly.

"Rodger," Sam replied with a laugh, but Scott instantly disappeared. "He has some sort of shrinking tech." I watched as Sam shot bullets into empty space before moving offscreen. I heard a lot of crashing before he was able to get back.

"He's inside my pack!" Sam yelled before tumbling to the ground, his wings disabled. "Isabel?"

"Yeah?" I asked nervously.

"It's really important to me that Cap never finds out about this."

"Got it."

"Also you may need to cancel that pool party."

"Because?"

"I need you to go after this dude."