Mission Atlantis; Chapter 3

After a few minutes, it was decided that I would be able to join, or help. I wasn't going to be the only new person either. Apparently, a few of Scott's friends would come along in an hour, or as Hank called them, the "wombats". I didn't mention to him though that a group of wombats was a sign of wisdom, so I kept the joke to myself. I was also allowed to look around the house.

I smiled happily when I found a grand piano in a small room. The piano was extremely dusty, so I had a feeling it hadn't been used in a while. Besides creaking a little, it was in perfect condition. I couldn't help myself from playing a song on it.

I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

So desperate to find a way out of my world and finally breathe

Right before my eyes I saw, my heart it came to life

This ain't easy, it's not meant to be

Every story has its scars

When the pain cuts you deep

When the night keeps you from sleeping

Just look and you will see

That I will be your remedy

When the world seems so cruel

And your heart makes you feel like a fool

I promise you will see

That I will be, I will be your remedy

No river is too wide or too deep for me to swim to you

Come whatever, I'll be the shelter that won't let the rain come through

Your love, it is my truth

And I will always love you

Love you

When the pain cuts you deep

When the night keeps you from sleeping

Just look and you will see

That I will be your remedy

When the world seems so cruel

And your heart makes you feel like a fool

I promise you will see

That I will be, I will be your remedy

When the pain cuts you deep

When the night keeps you from sleeping

Just look and you will see

I will be, I will be

When the world seems so cruel

And your heart makes you feel like a fool

I promise you will see

That I will be, I will be, I will be...

Your Remedy

"Well that was something." I jumped, spinning to see Scott standing in the doorway. "You are a teenager, right?" he questioned. "Because that playing seems like years and years of experience.

"On the contrary Mr Lang, I've only been playing for a few months." Scott's mouth literally dropped.

"First, that's...that's insane. Second, Mr Lang? You were calling me Scott earlier."

"It's called manners. Before, I was in Avenger mode. Now I'm...normal." I patted the empty space on the bench I was sitting on. "You can sit, I don't bite." Scott still looked wary, but he sat down beside me.

"So you're an Avenger," he laughed. I gave him a funny look.

"Yeah. Why's it funny?"

"Did your age ever, like, keep you back? I mean, you are the youngest."

"Not exactly," I sighed, looking down for a bit before glancing back at him. "If I may ask, how much do you know about me?" Scott looked a little puzzled.

"Um... that you're Tony Stark's kid, fought in the Battle of Sokovia, and you're an Avenger helping me?" I laughed.

"Not a lot then." I didn't normally share my past with anyone, including my dad, but for some reason, I felt safe telling this man I had just met earlier. "First off, I'm adopted. Both my parents were killed in a bombing when I was a year old. I got separated from my parents, and life got fuzzy after that. The next thing I knew, I had water powers and I was killing people."

"Do you remember any of them?"

"Most of them were terrorists. I had to be careful then, because HYDRA was trying to find me. One day they catch me. I was...I was terrified." Scott seemed entranced by the story.

"How old were you?" he asked me.

"Ten."

"TEN?!?" Scott gasped. "You're saying you were that young?"

"Not all of us had perfect childhoods, Mr Lang. Anyways, I was terrified. I didn't know what they were going to do to me. Then all of a sudden, Tony comes flying along. He let me stay with him. Three years later, Avenger stuff, and you find me here." Scott rubbed his hands, looking at his shoes.

"So, becoming an Avenger?"

"Oh yeah, that," I laughed. "During the Battle of Sokovia, I got shot. Couldn't walk. My sister Wanda and Clint brought me inside a building for cover, and my sister started to freak out because she thought everything was her fault. Clint told her she needed to calm down because we all make mistakes, and if she helped us, she'd be an Avenger. I took his advice myself, healed myself, and joined the fray again."
"You healed yourself?" Scott questioned. I sat up quickly and closed the door, making sure nobody was around us. Then I sat down on the floor and started to take off my shoes.

"What are you do- what the hell!" Scott yelled as my legs slowly transformed. The dark blue was still there, but now there was an indigo coloring by the tip of my tail.

That's new. I looked at Scott and smiled. "Ta-da!" I chuckled, and then slowly started to turn back. Scott stared at me as I slid my shoes back on.

"How long has that been going on?"

"Since I got my powers. I woke up one morning to find myself surrounded by a few sharks at least a mile underwater with a tail."

"Anything else?" I chuckled again. Scott's curiosity, wow.

"This is something I just learned," I said as I placed my hand on the piano. Almost instantly it was covered in ice. The problem was that Scott was stuck to it.

"If I can ask, can you unfreeze my butt?" Scott said weakly. The ice quickly disappeared. "Thanks."

"No problem, Mr Lang," I said as I helped him up. "Call me Isabel." Scott nodded.

"Got it." We were interrupted when Scott's phone rang. "Hello?" he answered before ending the call. "My friends are here. We gotta go."

"Coming."

"And Isabel?"

"Yes, Mr Lang?

"Call me Scott."