Athena 9: Six

Sleep came easy after I pretty much cried over Erin for a good hour.

I woke up to Val and Lauren standing over my bed. We quietly went into Erin's room again where I started crying once again.

"Some of us want to cry, too," Val said, petting my head.

"It's my fault! If... if I... paid more att-t-tention, she wouldn't be here like this!" I shuddered out.

Valerie rummaged around her bag and squatted in front of me, a mirror in her hands.

"This mirror," Valerie began, "shows a weak ass girl who has been crying for six hours because her friend is in a coma. She's alive, goddammit, but you are acting like a total crybaby right now!" She shoved the mirror into my hand as she stood up. "I don't think Erin would want you crying about her. She's probably wondering where the hell is that bitchy goddess she knows so well." She paused for a breath,  "Get the fuck out of the dumps and go grab that iPod I gave you and go listen to some fucking Avril to get you back in the right head game. You are a bitch, the queen bee of a school, and right now you are a nobody. Go get that crown back!"

"How'd you think it was six hours?" I asked.

"It took you six days to get over your mom disappearing, you cried for six hours when they called off the search. Six weeks of crushing before you asked Zander out, six months before you told us, six years since you moved here. Six minutes until you spoke to me since we got here. Your birthday, June sixth."

"My life revolves around the number six, huh?" I joked.

"Yes, it does. Are you allowed to leave?" Lauren asked.

I shrugged, "You'll have to ask Ms. Andersen."

"Andersen...." Valerie hummed. "So familiar. But who.....?"

"It's obviously lea," Levi remarked as he walked into my room. Marcus was behind him, looking at the something behind the door. Levi punched his shoulder to get his attention.

"What the hell, levi?" Marcus asked, rubbing his shoulder. Levi leaned in and whispered something in his ear.