Part Mf 26

A/N I'm currently skipping class in the bathroom as I start writing this welp.

Lauren's POV:

"Watch out, I don't know if that's mud or dog shit." I warned Normani and Dinah as we sneaked onto Camila's backyard. It was about 8pm and we had come to surprise her in the most cliche way possible, with a little plot twist.

"I swear if my new J's get dirty I'm making you clean them."

"Yeah yeah." I shrugged off.

"Stop moving you little munchkin." Mani whispered.

"Shhh."

I strapped on my guitar over my shoulder and walked towards the living room window.

"You brought everything right?"

"Yes." Normani answered.

"Alright let me just check if she's in the living-" I peered in and there she was, but she wasn't alone. She was on the couch with the damn exchange student from the other day; Diego. She was smiling and laughing at something he was saying. There was a textbook and notebook sitting on the coffee table seemingly untouched. Their faces were illuminated by the t.v.
"-room." I finished slowly, my eyebrows furrowed. I slowly turned around.

"Nah, you know what guys. Let's forget this, let's just go."

"Seriously Laur? Stop playin and go knock on the door."

I looked at Dinah and Normani who stared at me confused. "Go look." Was all I said." They both crouched down to look in the little spot of the window that wasn't covered by the curtain.

"Oh hell no." Dinah said turning around and about to make her way to the front door.

"No, Dinah stop." I said while Normani held her arm. "Sorry about this Laur." Normani whispered, still holding Camila's gift in her other hand since it was so small.

Bark Bark

I smiled and picked him up. "Cmon little guy."
-

I layed on my bed staring up at the ceiling. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts. Most of which I never use or can't remember making. I clicked on one that I hadn't in a while.

Lucy

I sighed and stared at the contact. My thumb hovering over her name. I hadn't texted her in months, or called. I took a deep breath and clicked the call button.

It rung for what felt like hours. I thought it would say unavailable until she picked up at the last second.

"Hello? Lauren?"

"Hey."

"Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much just, well um. Can you meet me at the local Starbucks?"

"Yeah sure. Give me 15 minutes, I'm almost done with my shift."

"Alright." I nodded although she obviously couldn't see me.