Wanting the best

"Sweet heart are you doing okay?"

"No. It hurts so bad mom. Why can't I just be normal and not have these. They hurt so bad!" I cry to her. There was another jabbing pain in my abdomen. I clench my stomach starting to sob. This is always happening to me. I get these terrible cramps that last for weeks. I was homeschooled and can't remember the last friend I made. I don't go out that much considering this condition but sometimes I did. I grab my little zebra stuffed animal and hug it tight to my chest crying a little bit.

"Mom it hurts so bad!" She rushes over to me with some medicine in her hand and a glass of water in the other. I felt sick to my stomach and soon the pain started to slowly go away. I took some deep breaths still clutching my zebra in my arms and start to look around my room. Some medicine was at my side on the nightstand where my lamp was along with the glass of water. My mom looks at me.

"Are you alright y|n?" I nod wiping the tears out of my eyes."Your such a trooper y|n. I feel so bad. I don't want you to have to live like this. I don't feel like I'm doing a good job. I'm so sorry you have to go through such things",

"I just want someone that will keep me company when your not around. I just want a friend. I just want to go to school like a normal girl. The closest I am to normal is the rapid cramps", she sits on the bed next to me and gives me a hug rubbing my back. I hug her back sighing and laying my chin on her shoulder.

"Do you want to go to school y|n? It starts in a few days and I can defiantly get you in. I could also get you permission to go to the nurse whenever and if they get bad you can come home", I look st her in disbelief.

"Really? Would you do that for me?" She nods smiling and pating my back. I smile widely and hug her again tightly.

"But let me set the record straight okay! You can't be getting into anything bad like drugs or smoking. I swear if I catch you y|n",

"I know I don't want to. I can't. I'm sick of cramps I'm not getting into the other crap. What's the other records?" She sighs and rubs her forehead.

"Your cerfew is ten and your aloud to date", I look at her confused not familiar with the word.

"What does date mean? Is that like some plan type thing or does it have to do with the days of the week?" She looks at me in disbelief.

"It means go out with a boy. Did you really not know that or are you just messing with me?"

"I didn't know. Sorry",

"No don't be sorry. It's my fault for not letting you out more. I feel so bad y|n. I'm really so so sorry. I didn't think it would be this bad. Don't worry so now you know all of the rules. Just be careful okay! And I might not be home when you come back okay I'll be at work probably. Will you be alright if I send you to school?" I nod thanking her again while giving her a hug. I was getting excited. I haven't been to school in years! I couldn't wait to go back, I wondered what the people were gonna be like there. Maybe they would be nice. Maybe they would be mean. Maybe they won't even think about wanting to know me. What if that happened? What do I do than?

"Okay sweetie. I'm gonna be at work tomorrow so remember the rules. No opening the door and if you do get really bad cramps go to the medicine cabinet and take three of those capsules understand?" I nod and she kisses my forehead and I see someone out the window. Getting curious I stand up and walk over to it looking at the mysterious person. It was only five pm and still light outside. I think he was looking at . . . at me! I wave my hand to see if he would do anything back and he does. He blinks and shakes his head wildly looking back up at me and waving. Than he walks off. I wanted to meet him.

"Um who are you waving to y|n", I turn around with a blank expression. She looks at me confused.

"I think I just met a boy",