7. LOST & FOUND

Written by ~ShilpiKhanna
Author of~
1. Dearly Beloved
2. The Lawyer in the Kitchen
3. A different Stroke - Ek duje ke vaaste

________________________________

Shravan scowled at Pushkar as he was pulled into the hug.

“Smile big brother smile. It will increase your market value.” Pushkar laughed as he pulled away and shoved his way past Shravan pushing him out of his way.

“Increase my Market value? What do you think I am? Toothpaste?” Shravan snapped as he shut the door and locked it.

“Hahaha- If you were a toothpaste your tagline would have to be – ‘Beware- A toothpaste that bites’!”

Before Shravan could respond a totally unexpected line reached his ears.

“Oh my God! Pushkar! What are you doing here? How did you find me??” Suman shrieked looking shocked.

Eh?

Shravan’s jaw dropped open in shock.
Pushkar’s momentary shocked expression was quickly replaced with a look of amusement.

“Hey Lollipop! Good to see you.” He said as he took Suman into a hug.

LolliPOP! Shravan almost had a seizer and his mouth opened further.

Suman jumped right out of the hug in a backward leap and frantically started pulling Pushkar’s hand “You have to leave."

“I am so sorry about him Shravan. I had no idea this idiot would gate crash your party. I had not even given him the address!” she turned to glare and Pushkar who was grinning ear to ear by now “Stop grinning and get out!”

The only word that registered with Shravan immediately at this point was ‘Idiot’ that his brother was. He continued to look from one to other while his mouth continued to close and shut with no words forming.

Preeti who had gone into the kitchen came out on hearing the sounds of commotion. She saw Shravan standing in front of the door looking dazed while Suman was grabbing a man by the hand and trying to drag him towards the door. “I told you we will meet tomorrow! Go now!”

Just then the man half turned and Preet recognised her younger brother. It could her a few moments to understand what was going on and she came and stood beside Shravan.

“I don’t believe this! Our Pushkie is the friend who she was speaking to sometime back!” she exclaimed. Shravan’s brain jostled to life at her words and he looked at her with a questioning frown on his face.

“Sometime back when we were chatting she had got a phone call from a friend who had just come back from somewhere outside and wanted to meet her. Suman told him she was with the family of her future in laws right now so she would meet him tomorrow.”

Shravan’s heart did a short celebrating dance on hearing the words ‘future in laws’ before he turned to see Pushkar was by now sitting on the floor laughing hard and Suman was trying to pull him up, red in the face.

A smile tugged at his lips at the sight. She was adorable in her frantic effort while worrying how a friend of hers had landed up without invitation.

Future in laws- his smile broadened as these words played back in his mind.

“Why are you so happy now?” Preeti asked with her eyes narrowed and he just shook his head not answering her.

She rolled her eyes at him. “Will you rescue our kid brother or are you waiting for your future bride to squash him to death?”