EPILOGUE

Written by ~ShilpiKhanna
Author of~
1.Ek duje Ke vaaste -The Different Stroke
2. Dearly Beloved
3. The Lawyer in the Kitchen
________________________________

Happy 2nd Anniversary Guys!
Enjoy!

  “Sumo, love just one last effort.”

Shravan tried to coax his wife who hissed in pain.

“Love I know you are tired but-”

“Shut the crap up!” Sumo panted. “I would not be here in this position if I had not been you.”

“Sumo this is something we both wanted-” Shravan tried to reason but grimaced in pain when his wife’s finger nails pierced his palm.

“We both wanted me to be in pain?”

“It is both our baby dear. We both agreed to be in this together.”

“How much longer will it be? Sumo hurry up!” Pushkar quipped making them both snap theit head in his direction.

“Get out Pushkar! You are not supposed to be here.” Sumo shouted trying to adjust her clothes.

“I sure can! I checked. They said close family members can come in.”

“Shravan throw him out! He is going to add to my pain with his smart alec comets while I writhe in pain.”

“Um- but love if he wants to-”.

“Shravan throw this man out or I will throw you out of our bedroom for the next whole week. See? He is poking his tongue at me already!”

“Sumo not fair! Why will you throw me out just because he cannot keep his tongue inside his mouth?”

Shravan protested. “And you rogue, you behave or you will get us both into trouble!”

“What is this circus? Shut up or get out! Can’t you all see how much pain the poor lady is in?”
Dr. Ratlin glared at the two.

“Sumo how difficult can it be? Haste it up will you? Our family and friends are waiting!”
Puskar mumbled to his sister in law in a low voice, unperturbed by the warning.

“Suman you are almost there. One last push.” Dr. Ratlin announced.

Sumo closed her eyes preparing herself for one monumental effort.

“Yes!”

Her eyes flew open at Shravan’s jubilant voice. He turned to look at her and their eyes met as both of them gave each other a happy and contend smile.

“You did it.” Shravan whispered to Sumo.

“We did it!” she gently corrected him.

“Have you thought of a gender for your baby?” Pushkar asked earning himself a smack on his head from Preeti, as the others waiting outside came in.

“People decide the child’s name you nincompoop not gender!” Preeti laughed.

Pushkar shrugged rubbing his head “When your ‘baby’ is two feet by three feet rectangle suspended by a silk rope from a rod, what rules can there be?”

“He has a point.” Adi laughed and he and Pushkar high fived.

“Will you two let the couple of the moment speak instead of speculating?”

Priyanka Suman’s younger sister reprimanded. After the unfortunate incident of their parents she had withdrawn into a self created cell distancing herself from all. Now with time her emotions were in a better place and she was back with the people who cared for her.