20. APOLOGIES TO THE BROKEN HEART💔

Written By~ddawn0505
Author of ~
1.Lost
2. Strangers
3. Hide & Seek
4. Fate
5. Likhavat OSs
6.Shadows in the snow.
7. Incompatible SS
8. Delta's Shraman Os Collection

________________________________

Here u go with Chapter 20.

He walked out of the hospital room unable to bear it any longer. Whatever happened inside made him indignant. Whatever had happened up until now had only made him realize one thing, that he was helpless in front of destiny. 

Somedays ago he would have lost half his family in a matter of mere seconds. 

His Preeti di, the one who taught him his ABCs, the first person who he would run to with any problem, his secret keeper...

Tears glistened in his eyes when he remembered the day he had told her how much he loved Sumo. She was ecstatic to know that his life had finally found it's anchor. He trusted her judgement so much that it was only after her permission that he had planned to tell Sumo that he had fallen in love with her and how much. He had seen his Preeti di almost leave him forever and he was no where near her to avoid this.

Pushkar, his baby bear. That was what he thought mom had brought home when he saw the pink chubby thing wrapped in a blue blanket for the first time. The minute he came to know it was a human baby who would share his room hence forth he had sworn to leave home. But then fallen for the charms of the glutton who would drink Shravan's share of milk when mom wasn't watching. A chuckle left him when he remembered how Pushkar had played Sumo the day he had brought her home to meet them. He felt hollow inside the next moment once again reliving watching the heart monitor flatten on his brother merely a week ago.

He had walked upto the garage and inside his car already when his trance broke. Turning on the ignition his hands wrapped around the steering wheel.

"I killed them" 

The words rung inside his mind once again like they did each night inspite of the alcohol, inspite of how tired his body was. The words which always kept him wide awake at night, once again made it difficult to breathe. 

The way her eyes had lost the life in them the moment he uttered those words.

In that instant he realized his unintended words had caused her to lose not two but three people that she loved dearly in an instant. 

He had snatched away the only support she had after her parents left. This Suman that he had been living with was born out of the Suman his words had killed that day. And he was defeated so badly by them now, that there was no way to get her back. 

A wave of sobs travelled through him and shook his entire being on realizing how helpless , how insignificant his existance was at the hands of fate. 

Was there anything remaining in life anymore? Although he needed his Sumo back for his own solace, was he good enough to safeguard her happiness? 

The answer he got from his own conscience was a no. 

An unsteady hand reached for the gear and the shudder of the car resonated through him, his eyes widened anxiously and a heavy sigh left him.

--------------------

She turned around to realize Shravan had already left the hospital room. 

"Shravan..." a whisper left her when she realized what he must have gone through while listening to himself being scrutinized once again, that too when he had already realized what it meant to be in her shoes.