15. MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

Written By~ lizzy1299
Author Of~
1. TRUST
2. DASTAAN PYAR KI
3. TU JO HAI
4. US
5. SHRAMAN OS COLLECTION
6. HIS LADY

_______________________________

Here is chapter 15

The house was dark and deserted; melancholy and grief hung heavy in the air. The blinds were drawn, preventing the streaming sunlight of a new dawn from coming in and expelling the darkness; a striking reflection of the owner's sentiments.

What was the point of lighting up the room when her own life was wallowing away in darkness?

Suman stood in front of her parents' pictures. Her eyes were closed, a tear ran down her cheeks as the past week came crashing back to her. 
With shaky hands, she traced the contours of her parents' features.

A sob racked her whole body as million of memories flooded past her eyes.

"Papa. Papa." She ran into her father's waiting arms.

"Princess." She giggled as he twirled her around.

"Suman. Yaha aao. Yeh doodh piyo."

Suman made a face at the milk, then poking her tongue out at her mother she dashed out giggling all the way with her mother hot on her heels; a glass of milk in her hand and scoldings and warnings at the tip of her tongue.

"My baby. You have made me so proud." Neeraj kissed his daughter's cheek while she scowled over him still calling her a baby as her mother placed her newly won trophy along with the others. Their daughter had a way when it came to brushes and paints.

"Happy birthday Princess." Suman was jolted awake at sharp midnight when her parents all but screamed into her ears. A wide smile spread on her lips as she took in the arrangements they had made for her eighteenth birthday.

"Papa. Ma. Please. This is my dream. This is how I see my future. In my studio with my canvas and brushes. This is my passion Papa. Please don't curb my wings even before I have a chance to spread themThis is my safe haven Papa, my happiness."

As skeptical as her parents were about her choice of profession and their baby girl staying alone in a foreign country miles away from her they didn't have it in her to crush her dreams. And so they let her go. To New Orleans. To her destiny.

"Suman Beta. Jo bhi faisla jena hai soch samaj ke lena." Priya cupped her face. "Shravan accha ladka hai. Tumhe khush rakhega. Aage faisla tumhara haiWhatever you decide, we'll always be with you."

Her eyes flew open and her pupils dilated with unhindered hate and rage.

Shravan Malhotra.

The one name that had single handedly destroyed her life. Her beautiful dream had been burnt to ashes with his mere words.

She clenched and unclenched her fists in an attempt to control her anger. He would have to pay. She would make him pay.

He had snatched away what was most precious to her and now it was her turn to return the favor.

Shravan Malhotra wouldn't know what hit him.