16. BETWEEN LOVE & HATRED

Written By ~AbhilashaEDKV
Author of~
1. My Promise - A Shraman TS
2. Forlesket - A Shraman OS

Here u go with Chapter 16.
_______________________________'

Hate is just a word for somebody you love but no longer believe in..

******

"Sumo", he involuntarily whispered.

Little did he know that he had walked into the trap she had set for him.

"Sumo", he said again, reaching out to her, not believing she was here right in front of him. She moved back a bit, not letting him touch her and he stumbled a bit.

"Sorry...what sumo?", she frowned. "Wait....You are Shravan Malhotra!...THE Shravan Malhotra! The famous photographer! Shit! I can believe I am actually meeting you...Goddd!This is like dream come true!"she squeaked. Confusion was all written over his face, he couldn't keep up with all that was happening. "Sumo is acting too weird. Is she mocking me?", he thought.

"Oh wait! I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Myra Gupta", she forwarded her hand for a handshake. Shravan frowned at her and then at her hand. It was getting too much for him. This girl was Sumo, his Sumo and he knew that, he could read it in her eyes. But why is she introducing herself as Myra...?

"Sumoo", he whispered again.

"Sumo? Sorry?"she feigned ignorance. "I think you are mistaken. This is  3014. Maybe the Sumo you are searching for is Samantha next door, Samantha Williams in 3016. But nevermind it isn't everyday you see THE Shravan Malhotra standing at your doorstep."

"Sumoo", he whispered again,as in a trance and capturing her in a eyelock. And this got her uncomfortable. What is he doing? Chanting Sumo? She was loosing her calm composure.

"I am sorry Sir but I have got some errands to run. Hope you won't mind. It was nice chatting with you. Bye", she shut the door at his face, rather uncomfortably. This isn't how it was supposed to be!!! She had to be more firm or else she will loose it even before the start. She wondered, if she was doing the right thing. Wait…how could she even think that. One eyelock with him and she melted!? No!!! He is a murderer and deserves nothing!

*****

The next morning bought new determination for her. She knew she had to make her parents murderer pay for his deeds. She knew she can't be soft with him. But still her heart says something was wron.....not at place.

She need to let herself out and headed towards the studio. Art was her escape no matter what. Art was something that kept her living till now. The studio was filled with paintings of her life, her past, her family and him. Yes, she made the paintings of him. To remind herself of the pain he gave her. To remind herself that this man was once the reason behind the smile on her face, was now the reason of the pain she is living with. He was once the man of her dreams, and now is the one haunting her, in her nightmares. 

"I hate you Shravan Malhotra! I hate you!" She shouted.

"Wow! Myra kal tak toh meri tariffon ke pul bandhe jaa rahe the, aaj nafrat ke tarane gaa rahi hu"She turned back to see him standing there with a sly smirk on the face.

"Tum...Shravan...Tum aandar kaise aaye?", she asked flustered.

"Kal toh tumne nahi pucha tha ki mein gate tak kaise aaya? Tumhare address par kaise aaya?"

"Vo tum Samantha....3016...eh"

"Enough Sumo! I know it's you and you were playing me last night. Yeh konsa khel rahi ho tum?" He asked, his eyes softening. "I know you blame me for our parents death but ghar chalo please....let me explain this to you", and then something snapped in her.

"Ghar chalo, so easy for you to say but Shravan kahan hai mera ghar?" She grabbed him by the collar "Mera mumma papa ko toh tumne mujhse cheen liya, unka behrahmi se katl...."

"SUMO!"He shouted 

"Kyon sach achcha nahi laga sunne mein?"

"Sumo you don't know what actually happened there"

"Maybe you are right but isn't it true that you are the reason my parents arent here in front of me?"

"Sumo, a lot happened that day, please let me..."

"Let you what Shravan? Tell me how you murdered them!"

"God dammit! It was an accident Sumo!"

"An accident that you caused! You are the reason that I am an orphan now! Do you even know how does it feel to know that the person I loved with my life is the reason of painful life I am leading."

And this was it! The love confession. Many a times he had imagined himself confessing to her, and had actually planned to confess, but their life took a drastic turn.....But he had never thought that she would be the on confessing, that too in the middle of a fight, which was kind-off making him believe that he had lost her. He smirked, and she realised what she had said. 

He came closer and whispered in her ear, "Sumo, you love me or hate me, both are in my favor...If you love me, I'll always be in your heart...If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind"

"Quoting Shakespeare, are we?" She smirked getting more closer. "Khud bolne ke liye kuch bachcha nahi kya? Vaise bhi life mein Shakespeare ke hisaab se chalne lage na, toh har chorahe par lashen hogi."

He took a deep breath. Explaining her isn't easy. Not that he expected it to be. She had grown to hate him over these months. Hate him on grounds which actually never existed and he can't loose her over those. His Sumo was not someone worth it. She was worth much more, worth a happy life which he wished to give her.

"Sumo you aren't in your best now. I can explain you when you are angry. Hear me out, go over all this. You know somewhere it isn't right. Please try......I won't force you into anything....but I know my Sumo will understand this, she will tr to understand this" he rested his forehead against hers. He was tired and so was she. He didn't wanted to but he has to leave so that she can collect her thoughts.

"Sumo I will come tomorrow and talk with you. Alright?" She didn't reply and was standing still, processing over what happened. He made his way towards the door of her studio.

"And Sumo" he called out making her turn towards him, "jaane se pehle, if you are thinking mein tumhe chod ke jaa raha hu then you are wrong, tumhare is haath ko chodne ke lie nahi thama tha. I promised our papa zindagi bhar saath doonga tumhara."

He turned towards the door then turned back, "And Sumo, please ghar jaake, door lock jaroor karna, kyonki abhi toh mein tha, baki you never know..."

He turned towards the door and then turned back again, "And Sumo, Thanks! I am happy that tumne engagement ring abhi tak pehni hai, you know there is a really faint line between love and hate"

He turned to go and then turned back yet again , "And Sumo, I love you too!"

:D
-----------------------------------------
Please Vote & Comment. Let the Author Know what u feel about this one :)