Chapter 23

Authors POV

At Jungkook's office

Jungkook was busy handling different files when abruptly his telephone started to ring. Even before Jungkook could answer the call,the person on the other side of the phone spoke up,

"IF YOU DON'T LEARN TO RESPECT YOUR WIFE THEN PREPARE TO DIE"

Just as Jungkook was about to ask him who was him, the call ended. He couldn't fathom who called him but one thing that he certainly understood was the fact that someone got to know how he treated Sungmi.

A chill ran down his spine as he recalled the intimidating voice of an anonymous caller.

.

.

.

At night

The cold wind gusted through the window as Sungmi stood in the balcony leaning against the grill,having some fresh air. She gathered all her courage to make a request to Jungkook to let her sleep in his room.

She took the futon and the pillow with her to his room then stood in front of the door for a while. She tried to remember the exact words that she was going to say then lightly knocked on the door. It was nearly 12 am so Jungkook might have already gone to sleep.

"Come in" Jungkook said with an authoritative voice.

"Jungkook-shi, can I sleep in your room ? I mean on your floor? It's so cold that I can't sleep. I will make sure I won't disturb you. And I won't even make any sou...."

"Stop blabbering. Just sleep" Jungkook interrupted. To her surprise Jungkook let her sleep in his room without any hesitation. For the first time Sungmi thought that Jungkook had a heart.

"Thank you Jungkook-shi " Sangmi bowed toward him.

"Why are you calling me Jungkook-shi. You never did that earlier. It doesn't sound good so just call me by my name. " Jungkook said.

Sangmi was wondering why was he treating her better than before. Definitely she could see the difference between his behaviour, even the mere change.

She nodded meekly then both went to sleep.

Jungkook's POV

I woke up by a sound of someone whining. I jumped up from my bed to see from where was the sound coming. I looked around but I saw nothing in the darkness. As I listened carefully to the sound , it was coming from the bottom of my bed. That's when I remembered that Sungmi was sleeping in my room.

I lit the bed side lamp and saw the clock to check the time

I lit the bed side lamp and saw the clock to check the time. It was nearly 3 o'clock in the morning. I glanced at Sungmi to check on her and saw her whining like a sick person. Sweat accumulated on her forehead and she was quivering under the blanket on which she hold on to her dear life.

I rose from the bed then approached her to have a better look. I touched on her forehead to see her temperature. She was burning and she seemed to feel very cold. I didn't know what to do with her as I have never nursed anyone in my life. I tried to recall what my mother did when I had fever.

As the floor was cold and the futon wasn't providing her much warmth,I scoped her in my arm then carried her to my bed. There, I placed her on my bed then covered her with two more blankets. Then rushed to wet a towel to put on her forehead.

I tried to find medicine in the cabinet but I couldn't find any so I rushed downstairs. In the middle of the night I didn't want to disturb mom so I rushed to kitchen as I thought Jin hyung was still awake trying to discover few dishes.

"Hyung do you have medicine to relieve fever?"

Hyung looked at me as if I have gone out of my mind.

"Are you feeling ill, jungkook?"

I didn't want him to know that I was here for Sungmi so I said

"Yeah I feel cold."

Hurriedly hyung retrieved the pill then gave it to me.

"Thanks hyung. "

Then I rushed to upstairs. Even though I had the pill now but I didn't know how to feed it to her so I kept the pill beside in case she woke up and had it by herself. After that I didn't even remember how I drifted to sleep.