chapter 45 - Final

⚠warning⚠
If you are sensitive to death and emotionally unstable, I recommend you to not to proceed.

As soon as Jungkook stepped inside the hospital, he was welcomed by a strong odor of spirit which he loathed instantly. The white surrounding was making his eyes sting but he kept on rushing towards ICU as Yoongi trailed behind him. Taeyeon was sobbing her hearts out, seating on the bench outside the ICU as Taehyung rubbed her back, trying to console her as much as possible.

The sight of immobile Sungmi was like a punch in his gut as soon as he slide the door of ICU. He gazed at the static body lying on the bed with several tubes attached to her.

Jungkook sat down on the chair that lied beside Sungmi's bed. Lightly he clutched the feeble hand of Sungmi as he laced his fingers with her's.

"hey stop faking it,Sungmi ."

Jungkook forced a laughter, sounding more like a scoff. He tighten his grip, rubbing his thumb in a circular motion on her palm. Sungmi's hand seemed to feel the sensation of Jungkook's on her hand as her hand trembled slightly a bit. Jungkook saw the faint smile on Sungmi's face which she had difficulty to keep constant on her face.

" Sungmi let's go home. Please stop playing this game. Please?"

Sungmi shook her head as she remained silent.

A single thread of tear dropped from Jungkook's eye on his cheek. He quickly wiped the tear with his sleeve,afraid to show his weakness.

"I had taste of my own medicine. I'm extremely sorry. I promise you, from now on I will never make you sad, trust meSungmi !"

"I can't go home, Jungkook. I'm sorry it was the only way to leave you. I'm so coward to leave you alone, I think that's why God gave me a reason to leave ."

Jungkook shivered hard at her word.

" dont's say such things, Sungmi. I love you Sungmi . You cant do this to me! I know I had been bad to you but this... this is too much to bear.

You..you know what, we can start over. We can start over everything, starting from our wedding to first date, honeymoon and whatever you tell me."

Now Sungmi was the one shedding her tears as if she wouldn't see tomorrow. She wanted to believe in Jungkook just for once but she could sense her imminent death slowly clawing her back.

"Taeyeon needs you more than me, Jungkook."

"I don't need anyone but you !"

Jungkook yelled at the top of his voice ,clutching cold Sungmi's hand harder and wailing like an infant.

"Don't make yourself feel guilty, Jungkook. I'm dying happy, knowing that even for once my husband loved me. Don't blame yourself. It's my fate."

There was no one who didn't cry outside of the ICU. Everyone knew that it was her last moment ,but Jungkook . He didn't want believe in the harsh reality that flashed before his own eyes.

"Will you promise me one thing? Will you grant my last wish for me?"

Sungmi stared outside of the window, string at everyone who was there for Sungmi's last moment. Sungmi placed a saccharine smile on her face as she spoke up,

"Please take care of Taeyeon and your child. And last but not least, please lead a happy life. You only live for once Jungkook, you gotta make the best of it. Even if it's not for you, but me."

When Jungkook finally realized that Sungmi was actually dying, there was no way to convince her to go back home with him, he nodded.

" I have only loved one person in my life and that is you. I love you ,Jungkook.I have loved you and I will love you forever. "

Sungmi's hand went limp, as the sound of the heart rate monitor echoed through out the room, deafening his ear as well as his mind. Only her last words rang in loop like a broken radio in his ear.