Chapter 40

"I miss you..."

Sungmi whined at the other end of the phone, twirling a strand of her hair aimlessly.

"I miss your food more than you. "

"Look who's talking about my food. Not a moment ago you just said that you missed me. Now you are saying you miss my food. I'm hurt to be honest."

Jin banter as pressed the phone in between his shoulder and ear while mixing up ingredients in a bowl.

"What are you cooking anyway?"

"I'm baking brownies today"

If Sungmi had the abilities to teleport, she would have done right away to snatch the brownies from Jin

If Sungmi had the abilities to teleport, she would have done right away to snatch the brownies from Jin. Sungmi tried to suppress her agony of not being able to have Jin's homemade dishes but failed miserably.

"Hey, don't cry Sungmi. As soon as I go back to Korea, I'm gonna make all the things you wanna have ?"

Sungmi gasped out of excitement.

"Jinjjah?!"

"Jinjjah."

Jin smiled at the thought of Sungmi being excited over his food and it made him happy more than he could be.

"It's a promise then."

Sungmi was about to reply Jin, when the bell rang.

"Jinnie, I think Jungkook came back. I'm gonna call you again. Ok?"

"Ok,take care. Bye."

"Bye, Jinnie"

Sungmi rushed to get the door as soon as she hang up the phone, welcomed by the sight of tires Jungkook.

"What's the matter,you came early today."

Jungkook slacked the toe around his neck and handed the bag to Sungmi.

"I was starving to have your homemade food so I came back early."

Jungkook said with a lazy smile on his face.

"But I didn't cook anything today."

"Why?"

Jungkook asked, his question laced with curiosity. He wanted to know why she didn't make anything as she always made sure to cook for him.

"I wasn't hungry, so I didn't feel like cooking for someone else."

Sungmi said with a poker face. On the other hand Jungkook noticed the drastic change in her behaviours. Jungkook wanted to know the sudden shift in her behaviour but he strived to over look it thinking it might be the time of her month. Whereas Sungmi was expecting to see Jungkook yelling at her and seeing reds but to her supervise Jungkook was calm. If it were for previous Jungkook he would have thrown feet for not seeing dinner on the table but Jungkook changed for good.

"It's ok. You want some cup noodles?"

Jungkook headed toward kitchen to boil water.

"No, thank you."

Sungmi yelled at the top of her voice from living room.

Jungkook was done with adding seasonings and he was about to throw away the packets in the bin when the sight of the White roses in the bin caught his eyes. There lied the bouquet as if it was a trash.

Immediately Jungkook was disheartened to see the gift that he gave to Sungmi in the bin. He felt like he's heart was ripped into two but he remained silent.

When Jungkook was done with dinner, they both headed back to upstair to sleep but when Sungmi gathered pillow and blanket in her arms, Jungkook was taken aback.

"Where are you going?"

Jungkook said with a frown plastered on his face.

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room because slightly I caught cold."

Sungmi forced out a cough to convince Jungkook. He leaned forward to touch her forehead to check on her temperature.

"Let me see."

Jungkook withdrew his hand from her slightly warm forehead but his hand still lingered on her shoulder. He leaned further to plant a kiss on her lip when Sungmi moved her head sideways so that he couldn't kiss her.

"No goodnight kiss?"

Jungkook pouted, feeling dejected.

"Remember? I don't want you to catch cold. Goodnight."

Sungmi left the room as she rushed to the guest room.

Momentarily she locked the door them she dialled the number she intended to call whenever she was in trouble. The person didn't take time to answer to her call.

"Yobuseyo?"

"Yoongi! I need a favour."

Sungmi sat on her bed as she calmly requested.

"And what is it ?"

Yoongi thought that like before she would tell him about her midnight craving and make him buy snacks but he was wrong

"Make Jungkook hate me."