CHAPTER EIGHT

Vál soon was left alone again as Harald and Halfdan walked to their warriors who had started to build their temporary homes

Vál soon was left alone again as Harald and Halfdan walked to their warriors who had started to build their temporary homes. She sat back down since there was nothing else she could do. She tapped her feet impatiently as she felt more than restless. She needed to know what plans Björn had for her since she would probably loose her mind if she was to be chained to the pole forever. She saw Björn and his brothers walk out from the great hall then in her direction. Vál stood up, not wanting to look small while seated.

"Hey Björn! When are you going to let me go?" Vál shouted at him. Björn stopped further away and cross his arms over his chest. "I think you've proven you point by know!" She continued and he raised his brow.

"I think you've gotten away pretty easily Vál." Björn snapped and she clenched her jaw. She walked as close to him as the chains would allow her and he didn't seem to bother. She looked in him the eyes, her icy eyes meeting his stern and angry ones.

"You and I both know what you accused me off is utter shít Björn!" She said, raising her voice as she got angry. She couldn't believe how Björn was acting. She though he would ignore her, yell at her or even physically hurt her but to chain her up and act like an idiot was something new. Vál couldn't believe how Björn had changed. "Stealing? I was taking back my horse you took from me. Treason? I got a chance to be reunited with my own family which you couldn't grant me. Conspiracy to kill you? If I wanted you dead I would've killed you in the mountains Björn!" She growled, she had enough. Her breathing was rugged and her eyes icy cold as anger oozed from her body. What angered her more was the lack of emotion in Björn's eyes. His brothers looked at each other before looking at Björn, waiting for a reaction. He walked closer to her, stopped when their faces were inches apart.

"You knew what could've happened when you walked back here and you are stupid if you ever thought you would've been treated differently after ten years Vál." Björn said, his voice low and threatening. He glared at her before he walked away and she tried to follow but the chains held her back.

"Than let me challenge you to combat!" She yelled after him, his brothers looked at her with wide eyes. Ivar smirked as the excitement grew in his stomach. Björn however continued to walk. "If you win you can punish me in anyway you want!" She added and it cough this attention. Björn turned around and looked at her before he walked back.

"Anyway?" Björn asked.

"Yes. Slit my throat, hit me or simply throw me out of here for good." She said and looked him in the eyes, making sure he saw that she wasn't joking. "However if I win I'm a free woman, I get my horse back plus my weapons." She continued as Björn remained silent as he thought about it.

"Deal." Björn said confidently and she let out a sigh. "After lunch we fight. My brothers will come and get you and hand you a sword." He said and she nodded.

"I want my own sword." She said.

"You'll use what's handed to you." Björn said finally before walking away. He walked past his brothers who only looked at her yet Ubbe caught the attention of a young blond and they walked away together. Sigurd and Ivar walked separate ways and Hvitserk gave her a nod before leaving towards the great hall. A sigh left her mouth as she sat back down, knowing that she would be out of chains before the night came.