CHAPTER FOURTY-FIVE

Vál has cursed Harald out before leaving him alone on the porch

Vál has cursed Harald out before leaving him alone on the porch. She had returned to her room and slammed the door shut. His words about Björn cheating on her and abandoning her had affected her more than she thought. She didn't believe him however the longer she was left alone with the idea in her mind, it betrayed her and she couldn't help but to think about it. She knew she couldn't be mad a Björn for sleeping with Astrid since they weren't together then as well as she had slept with his father however they hadn't been together then either. She wondered if he would tell a woman no if she made advances towards him on his travels.

She flipped the chair over and groaned before taking a seat on the bed. She couldn't help yet the thing that spoke in her favor was their lovable encounter before he left. Whenever they had slept with other people it had been whenever they weren't a couple. She had slept with Ragnar in some desperate need of intimacy and love. She had slept with Vidar in the mountains after breaking things off with Björn in the search of knowing the people who had known her parents as well, the people like her in the need of love, intimacy and just to feel wanted. The first few time she had slept with Vidar she had imagined it was Björn's kisses who was placed on her hot skin and whenever she closed her eyes she imagined it was him.

Harald's words had also made her think about the fact that Björn might explore new things that would make him drift away from her, that he thought she was to plain and not enough for his newly explored needs. A sigh left her lips as the complicity of love made its appearance in her head. She hoped he didn't find someone too interesting during his travels, she surely wasn't finding anyone better than him in Norway.

She left the bed before leaving her room. She left the main hall, thankful that Harald was nowhere to be found before walking towards the forest. She had seen the smaller hill and thought it would do her good to leave the hectic town for some alone time. Small twigs and leafs broken under her feet, snapping peacefully as she walked up the hill. The sound of birds chirping and croaking was heard. Suddenly she just stopped in her tracks, closing her eyes and she took a deep breath. She let her eyes remained close as she enjoyed the peaceful silence. It was the only major things she missed from living in the mountains. Up north everything was calm and peaceful which made it possible to listen to all the beautiful sounds the nature made. The winds that blew through the large crowns of the trees, the birds, wolfs hares and water that ran down the streams. She opened her eyes and continued the last bit up the hill. She walked towards the edge of the hill where some stones formed a short wall. She took a seat and let her eyes wander over the town Harald wanted to create a capital of.

Vál could see the obvious parts that needed development. She hoped the Queen would level Harald with the ground if he refused to fix it. The lack of hygiene in his kingdom was a huge problem even for her who had surved through the lack of hygienic necessities the majority of her life. Some part would need to be rearranged. Her mind was running while with ideas as the sound of twigs and leafs snap behind her. She only glanced over her shoulder lazily yet her hand was rising over one of her hidden daggers in her jacket. She looked back at the village with a deep sigh.