EPILOGUE

Björn sat with his hands gripping Vál's

Björn sat with his hands gripping Vál's. He kissed the back of her hand before resting it against his mouth. His eyes rested on the beautiful woman that laid before him on the bed. Her long clean hair fell free and covered her body like a blanket. Her body had been cleaned from all the blood and her shoulder was covered in different herbs and a cloth. Vál had been unconscious for two weeks and nothing had spoken for her to wake up. Björn hadn't left her side once since they had brought her to the mountains. They had been offered to stay in Kattegat since it was closer by Ivar, yet the message had been given from Hvitserk yet Björn didn't want to share space with Ivar. Kattegat was an infectious place and Björn wanted Vál on neutral grounds as she recovered. As he saw her pale and sweaty forehead he reached for the cloth in the bucket of water before gently wiping her forehead. Without releasing her hand he placed the cloth away before placing a gentle kiss on her warm forehead.

"You will survive Vál. You're strong and my everything. I love you."

Björn had been forced to leave the cabin where Vál rested as Ulvar needed to check on her, change the herbs and cloth the third week. Björn stood by the large fireplace in the middle of the village and soon a large strong hand placed itself in his shoulder. Björn turned and met Vidar's blue eyes. In his other free hand he held a plate with a cup of mead and food.

"You haven't eaten in a while, Ironside." Vidar said yet Björn only looked at the fire again. His blue eyes was foggy and almost grey in color. His usually broad shoulder hung heavily and a frown had been present between his brows. "She won't get better if you are suffering." He added and handed the plate to Björn again. A sigh left Björn's lips before he took the plate. He stuffed some juicy meat into his mouth before drinking some of the mead. He hadn't realized how hungry he had been until he tasted the food, the plate quickly got empty. The door to Vál's cabin opened and Ulvar walked out with wide eyes yet a smile on his face.

"Someone want's to see you Ironside."