CHAPTER FIFTY

Without giving them time to reflect her words she attacked

Without giving them time to reflect her words she attacked. One of the older and larger men attacked her as the others kept pushing Astrid against the table, quickening their movements as they pushed her dress up and started to loosen the strands that held up their pants. The man who attacked Vál had a smaller knife in his hands which she quickly slammed away with her swords before sticking the other sword into the mans chest, his lifeless body dropping to the ground as blood started to ooze from his body. Blood had stained Vál's face and she held up one sword at the man Astrid had talked with as she placed the other swords tip by the younger man's groin.

"Step back or I'll do the world a favor and cut your dick off and slit your throats." Vál said with icy eyes and her body oozed anger, power and annoyance. "Drop the dagger." Vál said as she looked at the man by the wall. He clenched his jaw as he refused to obey. She only glared at him with no emotion in her eyes as she pressed her right sword into the younger mans hip making him scream out in pain as he fell to the ground. The third man held his bother in his hands as Vál kept looking at Astrid's messenger.

"I won't tell you again. Drop the dagger." Vál said in a low voice.

"Do as she says!" The third man yelled and the messenger looked between Vál, Astrid and his brothers on the ground.

"My Queen, can you excuse us for a little while." Vál said without looking at the shocked and paralyzed Astrid. The Queen looked at Vál before fixing her dress then quickly leaving the cabin. She didn't return to the main hall knowing that Harald would be there so she walked towards the forest to clear her head. As the door was slammed shut behind Astrid a wide smirk spread across Vál's lips before took a step forward. "Now we're finally alone." She said. The screams from inside the cabin from the men had made the people of Rogaland glance at the shed yet didn't do anything about it.

Vál walked back into the main hall, seeing Harald sitting there on his throne with the crown on his head in deep thought. She knew she had to speak with Astrid later yet she didn't seem to be close by Harald at the moment which would only be beneficial for herself. Vál could only imagine how Astrid felt and no matter if she had slept with Björn no one deserved to be ráped.

"My King." Vál said as her loud steps echoed in the empty room. "You wanted to talk to me in private." She continued and Harald looked at her, his eyes widening as he saw her blood drenched face yet her casual expression made him clear his throat. Harald nodded his head slowly as she walked over to fill herself a cup of mead.

"Did my people react that badly to the news about the Sami's?" Harald asked and she chuckled after emptying her cup.

"No, something got in the way." Vál answered and he raised his brow when their eyes met. "Nothing of importance." She continued and he didn't seem to believe her.

"Are you sure?" He asked and she nodded. "You didn't happen to see my wife when you were out?" He asked.

"Yes I did." She said and he raised his brow again. "She walked towards the forest and then a man with buckets of whale blood walked into me. Probably form the captures, a man came in with a whale today. Gudvar is his name I think." She said and Harald looked suspicious.