Chapter Eight: Sports Festival Pt. 1

• Second Person P.O.V. •

Then big screen went on with Present Mic on it. "Hey! Pay attention, audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A. sports festival, is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready?! It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!" He announced.

Then, everyone walked through the gate. You were ready for anything they threw at you. Fireworks started blowing up. "The U.A. sports festival! The huge battle where fledgling heroes sharpen their swords once a year! Anyway, these are the guys, right? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with hearts of steel!" Present Mic yelled. "They haven't been getting as much air time, but this class is also full of talent!" Class 1-B walked in as he said this. "Hero course, Class 1-B! Next up, general studies Classes C, D, and E! Support course, Classes F, G, and H are here, too! And business course, Classes I, J, and K! All of U.A.'s first years are here now!" Present Mic shouted.

Someone appeared on the podium/stage. Midnight?! "Time for the player pledge!" She yelled. You, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Tokoyami started discussing about how her outfit wasn't exactly... appropriate. Especially for a high school event. "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1-A!" 

"I pledge--" Bakugo began. "That I'll be number one." Everyone started booing him.

"Now, let's get started right away." Midnight said. "The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears here. Now, here is the fateful first game! This year, it's... obstacle race. All eleven classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium-- about four kilometers! Our school's selling point is freedom! As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do! Now, take your places everyone!" Everyone lined up. Three... two... one! "Start!" Midnight yelled.

Everyone started trying to squeeze through the little door. Switching your hands to air, you waited till everyone was shoving each other. Then, you blasts yourself into the air. You switched to strength and started grabbing anything you could. You bounced off the walls above everyone and made it out rather quickly. When Todoroki blasted his ice, you almost got caught, but punched it into oblivion with your fire fist.

Out of nowhere, came a army of giant robots. Everyone starts yelling and talking. Todoroki froze one and you gave one a volley of electric punches to another. You ran ahead of everyone else, except Todoroki. He was fast but you were faster. He launched ice at you. You sliced through it with with a fire punch. "You'll have to try harder than that!" You yell at him.

You shot ahead of him. He kept launching icicles at you, which you easily destroyed or dodged. Eventually, you came across a large pit which seemed to go down hundreds of feet. There were pillars with ropes connecting them, though. You used your air fist to send you flying. Each time you landed on a pillar, you would destroy some of the ropes with a fire karate chop. You cleared it in no time, but people were still ahead of you.

You approached the final obstacle: The minefield. You saw Bakugo and Todoroki ahead of you. You ran faster, sometimes barely tanking the explosions. You came up with something. Shooting blindly in front of you with electric shots. It always hit mines. Out of nowhere, there was a huge explosion behind you. How was there such a huge explosion? Midoriya was flying through on a piece from a robot. Bakugo was about to blast Midoriya with an explosion, but you knocked him off balance with an electric shock. You kept running trying to go faster. Midoriya ended up in first. You kept shocking Bakugo in the back until he tripped. You punched him so he wouldn't get up for another ten seconds, and shot ahead finishing in second, with Todoroki in third. Bakugo was furious that you and Midoriya beat him.