chapter || 03

•∆ | Chapter Three;; with love, mars

< Levi's P.O.V >

=

'So, linear momentum is the product of mass and velocity of an object and . . . '

Lana and I were in the physics lesson, impatiently listening to Mr.Bronx go on and on about a physical phenomenon called linear momentum. Had I had the motivation, I would probably be listening to him intently, but today I felt kind of off. There was this weird feeling in my stomach, something which Lana usually referred to as my psyche radar because I always felt like this before something was going to go down. 

Trying to distract myself, I looked around the class only to see that none seemed to care enough to listen to Mr. Bronx. I could see people sleeping on top of their open books, could also hear someone faintly snoring. There were people chatting and probably gossiping about the next party or something. No one was in the mood to study, especially as it was the last lesson on a Friday.

Well, everyone except for Lana.

Lana, like always, was busy taking down notes. Behind her golden specs, she squinted her eyes to see what Mr. Bronx had written on the whiteboard. Weirdly enough, she found solace in logic and reasoning. She liked physics and I was always drawn towards her passion for that subject. I admired her hard work. 

I reached out for her sticky notes and lazily picked up a pen to write with. Scribbling a lousy 'smile :)' on the yellow sticky note, I stuck it on her notebook for her to notice.

I waited for her to notice the sticky note and watched as she let out a soft chuckle after noticing the smiley face. 'Levi, you should really start studying now if you want to get into a nice college and become an astronaut like you said you want to. Unless you wanna become something else now.' She said without sparing me a glance as she took down the notes.

'What are you there for? Of course, you will teach me. Right best friend?' I asked to which Lana sighed. 'And as for my dream, yes, it's still the same. So I'll work hard, but just not in class.' I said, chuckling in the end. I made those puppy eyes of mine at Lana to try and get her to agree to teach me. Noticing that I was silently staring at her, she looked at me sideways and stared. 

Making a funny face, she nearly started laughing.

'Okay, whatever! Now stop making that face, you look like a pig!' She said trying to control her laughter. 

The sunlight was streaming in through the window, lighting up Lana's dark hair and making it shine. A strand of her curly hair came undone from her messy bun and fell into her eyes as she was laughing. As if out of instinct, I reached out and put it tugged it behind her ear. 

Lana froze suddenly, her eyes wide and her mouth in a thin line. I looked at her confused. 

'What's-'

Suddenly the door to the classroom opened to reveal Emma White, one of my closest friends. She looked flushed; as if she was running miles before she came here. 

'Mr. Bronx, Levi, and Lana are urgently called to the principal's office.' She said, giving an innocent smile while panting heavily. 

Mr. Bronx looked at her suspiciously but finally called out for Lana and me. 

'Well okay, Thompson, Wilson.' He signalled for us to get out.

Gathering up all our belongings, we moved out. Looking back at the closing class door, Lana said, 'It's so stupid of him to go on with the lecture when the whole class is sleeping.' I nodded to her in agreement, figuring out that she was just trying to fill the weird awkward silence that was between us after that weird thing that happened in class.