LIFE IS PURE FUN. ISN'T IT?

(Note: the chapter is in third person.)

Everyone in the church wore black.

The atmosphere was solemn, cold, almost dead.

No one was here with a smile. Of course, there was nothing to smile about burying three coffins.

As Lana sat up front, she glanced anxiously at the coffins.

This was never supposed to happen. But it did.

She sat and watched the silver, black and wooden coffin which were looking too good for such a bad occasion.

But doing so, it reminded her about her situation when she had found Dan in the basement, bleeding from the wound right in the middle of his two eyes.

Jessica or whoever, had shot him right there and when she found him, the metal piece was still sticking out. She had cried and cried till she felt nothing in her chest.

She had only stopped because she had felt empty. Completely devoid of any emotions.

After that she had got up and moved out, telling the guards to pick up the body.

She had completely shut everyone out.

Everyone except of Damien. And Sarah. Levi had been out of sight, looking for Maia. And Lana's ears still rang with the arguement they had had after he had come back from the airport.

She shook her head, trying not to think about it right now.

Lana glanced at her phone again. Since that awful day, Lana had tried calling Maia a billion times but had earned no response.

It wasn't that she didn't feel cold towards her, but according to Lana, Maia deserved to be at her mother's funeral.

Unfortunately, Maia had rushed out even before Lana had made the announcement about the funeral.

But Maia being completely out of contact did bother her a lot,though she tried to ignore that feeling. She could sense something was wrong. Extensively wrong.

And of course being a nice sister that she was, she had sent a troop and set up a big team who was already indulged into finding Maia, despite the fact that Maia had killed her father in cold blood.

But Lana was surprised that even through all of this, Maia is not discovered. And she planned to consult the matter on her own, after the funeral.

People glanced up and saw the priest perform the ceremony. Lana had requested both Arthur and Laine to let her give the eulogy for the three of them, to which they had agreed seeing that she was anyway going to do what she wanted.

So she got up for it, walked to the podium and stopped.

She couldn't.

She couldn't frame a single sentence and it seemed like her throat was clogged up with something sticky.

But she gathered up her courage and huffed out a breath and started.

"I didn't personally know my mother, Jessica Oberain, though I know that she would have been a wonderful mother and I was quite sure of it. But alas, I don't think destiny turned in favour of our relation and we couldn't even have a conversation before this happened. I would say I would miss her but can you miss something that you never had?" She looked up, trying to clear her vision from her tears.

"Andrew Wilson, my dad. I had never ever questioned his love, because I know deep down that it was never fake. He accepted me. He treated my like his daughter. His little princess. But I never got to appreciate what he did because circumstances changed my life forever." Lana stopped, only to inhale.