chapter || 14

•Δ | Chapter Fourteen ;; double trouble?

< Maia's P.O.V >

=

That feeling of slapping that stupid grin off his face was so strong that I literally had to take deep breaths to calm myself down. My hands trembled as I curled my fingers into a fist. Not even a proper minute must have passed since he had appeared in front of me, but I could already sense my rage heightening to a dangerous level. Against the chill of the evening, I could feel my body getting warm as my blood rushed, anger flowing through my veins. I controlled myself somehow and started.

'Yeah. I guess bad news has a way of catching up with me faster than necessary.' I retorted.

'Feisty. I like it. You have developed an attitude. That's some needed character development.' Aidan smirked.

I felt annoyed. Not because he was wrong but because he was right. From the last time he was here, my character has thankfully developed. I had been quiet, soft and even to an extent, easily manipulated. But now I wasn't that girl. I was stronger, better.

'Why are you back Aidan?' I asked, my voice booming. I hoped there was enough strength in my voice for him to feel slightly intimidated. I didn't want him to think that I was as gullible as I was before.

His perfect eyebrows quirked up and he looked at me with an amused expression, like he was surprised by the change in my demeanor.

I wasn't the same starry eyed girl who trailed behind Aidan like a lost puppy. Instead I was totally different now. People trailed behind me now, trying to catch a glimpse of who I really am. I was the typical bad girl and I didn't mind it one bit.

I looked at him closely, waiting for him to tell me why he was here. Aidan had a tendency to mess things up and if he was back in town, things were going to be bad. I needed to know what was coming.

'Don't you think its too obvious?' He said, answering my question. He took a step towards me, his move tentative, as if he waiting for me to flinch back.

Okay Maia, think. He is advancing towards you. Think!

Yeah right! You were just talking about how you are stronger and braver now. What happened?

Aidan happened.

Not that again, Maia.

Do something!

What do I do? Mind giving an idea Brain?

For starters, SPEAK!

I cleared my throat, stopping the internal quarrel inside me.

'What is obvious Aidan?' I said, looking back for Lizzie only to see that she was no where to be seen.

'What I have come back for...' His voice was husky as he spoke to me. He was still advancing, each step bringing him closer to me. But I didn't move.

'I-I don't understand.' I clenched my fists tighter, trying to keep my calm and failing.

He had me cornered now, stuck between his body and the tree which I had been standing in front of.

I could hear myself breathing, my chest rising up and down as I took in heavy rapid breaths. In all honesty, I was nervous. To  last time Aidan and I had seen each other, I had been madly in love. And when we had parted, I still hadn't attained the closure I deserved. Having Aidan so close to me made all those emotions come rushing back. However, surprisingly, they weren't as intense as I thought they would be. I guess liking Levi was actually helping in some way. Or not.