chapter || 04

•Δ| Chapter Four ;; taking him away

< Lana's P.O.V >

=

'Well whoever this Mars person is, they sure sure as hell know what they want.' Emma scoffed. 'I mean everyone knows that Levi keeps to our friend circle and likes to be left alone. And even after knowing that this person chose to go ahead and give it a shot?' Emma paused, quirking up an eyebrow and zoning her eyes on the letter. 'Must have shitload of confidence.'

I pondered over what she said. Yes, it was pretty well known in school that Levi liked to be left alone. Even though he was the 'it' boy of Hailsham, people surprisingly respected his want to socialize as less as possible. And if someone, knowing that, chose to go ahead and do this? Well, Emma was right. This person had guts.

Of course she does.

'I agree with Emma. But its probably a prank, because no girl, or boy - considering all the options - would really stick a damn letter on Levi's locker front only to ask him to be their friend or whatever. I mean, Lev's an approachable guy, if they wanna be just friends, they can surely come up to him and ask.' I said.

Jake let out a scoff. 'I think you are forgetting about the part of the letter that mentions that Mars 'really, really likes' Levi.' He said. Macy, who was standing right beside him gave him an elbow shove making Jake clutch his sides at the impact.

She said something along the lines of 'you chose to use your brain when it's not necessary.' I ignored it and responded.

'There's that too. What about you Levi? Do you know anything?' I asked, turning to look at him.

But instead of meaningless gaze, I saw him looking down at the letter closely.

'I think I know who its from.' Levi said, finally looking up from the letter and meeting my gaze.

My breath hitched for a second.

Did he really?

To be honest, I knew who it was from and though I wasn't totally sure, I at least knew who the potential suspect could be. It didn't take a genius to link the straightforward tone of the letter and the gum that the letter was stuck to the locker with. And considering all the options, I had a rough idea of where this was coming from. But I didn't speak up about it. There was something holding me back. This feeling in my chest was making me feel uneasy with the information that I had processed. Like sharing that I knew who it could be from wouldn't sit right with my inner self. So I didn't point out the fact that in fact, I too had figured out who it was from.

I inched closer to Levi and gripped his elbow.

'Are you waiting for christmas? Tell us, who it is.' I said, trying to fake as much enthusiasm as I possibly could.

'I am telling no one until we have done our share of research and come to a conclusion on our own. I don't wanna start rumors that won't end well.' He said, seriousness and a light reflecting in his eyes.

I suddenly realized that Levi wanted to find this person. He was actually thrilled by what was happening.

It's the first time that something of this sort has happened. Yes, normally there are students running behind him, getting him birthday gifts that he refused, paying for his lunch with he doesnt eat and all sorts of things. So they knew that he will always keep their relationship platonic.

Hence, no one has been desperate when it came to Levi, not to this extent at least.

Sarah and I were the only once who knew the reason behind Levi's need to be alone and only associate with our friend circle.