'HE IS NOT YOUR FATHER!'

(Chapter in third person. )

Its was not like the books.

It was always said that everything slowed as death graced the occasion.

But for Lana it wasn't like that.

It was sudden as Jessica, her mother who she still hadn't had a word with, fell with the effect of that small metal hitting square in her chest.

It indeed hit at the rightful place. And Lana knew well, that Jessica will not survive this.

But she was stuck to the ground. Her legs wouldn't budge.

Arthur fell down next to his beloved wife. He could feel the hole being at the right place and his heart was aching.

He held her in his arms and for the very first time Lana saw a tear trickle down his face.

But what surprised the crowd in the hall was when they heard what Jessica Oberain was muttering.

"Henry...... Henry..... " She muttered, and with that, life left her body.

For few minutes everything was silent and then hell broke loose.

Everyone fired at everyone. Shouts, screams, cries resonated in the hall and that was what caught the attention of the pair still in the washroom.

Maia pushed away Levi and rushed out of the washroom. She could feel that something was wrong. Extremely wrong.

So she reached the big hall in a frenzy. She saw Laine Wilson's hand still clutching on to the gun. She could see that her hands trembled lightly.
And when Maia saw her father kneeling down beside her dead mother, she did the first thing that was natural to her.

She bent down and took out her gun from her boots. She was used to carrying around guns there, for security reasons even before she knew about the gang bullshit.

And through the chaos she aimed for Andrew Wilson.

But the only one who noticed what she was doing was Lana. Because though her legs wouldn't move she was looking around, still not sure what to do.

"Maia don't you dare!" She screamed, but it was not quite clear due to the chaos all around them.

So she moved in further. Maia was ready to shoot. Her aim was perfect and Arthur Oberain had himself taught her.

At Lana's voice he looked up to her daughter. And was not shocked to see Maia aiming at Andrew.

Like mother like daughter.

Maia wasn't aiming at Laine because she wanted to make Laine feel what it's like to lose a loved one.

Lana's voice boomed in the hall as Maia pulled off the safety from the trigger.

"Maia please  don't do this." She said. But Maia wouldn't listen.

All she thought of was the times her mom would put her to bed, smile at her pouts and most of all, how she still had so much to tell her mother. But she couldn't. Because Laine Wilson took that away from her.

"She killed my mother!" Maia screamed at Lana, moving closer to Andrew and Laine who still hadn't noticed what was happening behind their back.

Because Laine was regretting it.

She had just killed her best friend, though it was long time back now. She felt the darkness envelope her. And Andrew knew what Laine was thinking.