'TRYING TO USE ME TO FORGET WHAT HAD HAPPENED YESTERDAY?'

Levi's P.O.V

I got up from my bed.
My muscles were taught and my fingers still felt the vibrations of the guitar strings.

After I had come back from Maia's house, I had straightaway gone to the closet and taken out my guitar. I sat on my bed the whole night.

And what frustrated me was that all the songs that my mind came up with were somehow related to her.

What frustrated me even more was that I knew that I was wrong. It was all my fault that she was upset. It was my fault that she was probably screamed at by her dad.

But I just couldn't bring myself to call her.

I had wanted nothing other than to rush to my room and play guitar. The one thing that brought be immense pleasure.

Letting these thoughts float in my head,  I headed towards the closet. I took a shower, slowly letting the warm water relax my muscles. Then I got out and hurriedly changed into my clothes.

Today I wanted to go for something simple because Lana had made us promise her to go to school saying that-"You are missing out on ALOT of work because of something useless."

We had tried to argue but she had called the nurse to chuck us out of her room, including Damien. That's only because he was joining our school for the time being.

So here I was, putting on a white button up shirt,  black lanky jeans and my black leather jacket.

Combing my hair carelessly, I walked down. Picking up an apple from the table and the school bag from the doorstep, I moved out of the house. I decided to take my car today because the bike only brought back the memories that hurt so much.

I moved inside my favourite classic black Audi  R8. I swiftly drove to the school. The memories of yesterday refreshed the pain in my heart.
I parked my car in the designated lot and taking out my bag , I started walking towards the front gate.

I spotted Sarah near the gate and passed her a smile as she looked my way.

As I reached her she squealed and asked-"So charming! How was your date yesterday??"

She looked excited,  light dancing through her light brown orbs. I silently started walking towards my locker, Sarah beside me.

We both opened our lockers, which were adjacent. I caught her frowning at me, non verbally asking for her much demanded answer.

I huffed.

"I messed it up." I said,  turning around to move towards homeroom.
We started walking down the corridor and I noticed people giving us stares and whispering.

"He went on a date with Maia!"

"Of course it was going to be them together! "

"Yeah. They belong."

"I heard they knew each other before that."

I let the whispers float. Nothing is ever a secret in Hailsham High. It's here that people tend to find gossip more interesting than books. But most of the talks mostly turn out to be true. Though the rumors can take you to hell here.

"How did you mess it up exactly?" Sarah asked, turning towards the door of the homeroom.

"Well I said that it was-"
But I didn't bother completing my sentence.