27. Coming back

It's about a week later and Barry runs back after a fight with a meta-human that Cisco has decided to name Tarpit

Caitlin, Barry, and Cisco were gathered in the cortex. Tori was at home with Brooke, deciding to take a few days away from civilization as her sister made sure she didn't do anything stupid.

"All right, so Tar Pit-Tar Pit, that's what we're calling him?"

"That's right"

"Tar Pit was after one Clay Stanley. Stanley, as it turns out, is a suspected hitman that the CCPD has been trying to track for a while, but they haven't been able to make anything stick" Barry explains making Cisco chuckle at the unintended pun.

"Do we know why he was attacked?" Caitlin asks.

"Uh, Stanley wouldn't answer any of my questions. He was pretty scared" Barry replies

"When a hitman is scared, you know something's wrong" Cisco adds in.

"Hey, did you get an ID on our meta-human?"

"Yeah, I'm running it through five different facial recognition systems right now, so it should take a minute" Cisco explains before the computer dings, "And there it is. Who's the best hacker in the world, people?"

"Felicity Smoak," both Caitlin and Barry say at the same time.

"What is wrong with you two? That's not friendship" Cisco takes offense.

"Our meta-human's name is Joseph Monteleone" Caitlin goes back on track.

"'Monteleone was reported missing' Surprise, surprise, 'the night of the particle accelerator explosion'" Barry reads.

"And what's the connection between Monteleone and the two victims?" Caitlin asks and Barry shrugs.

"I'll call Joe. Have him run background checks on all three guys" he plans.

"Okay, I'm gonna run some tests on the tar samples.
See if I can find his weakness" Caitlin replies and the two walk off to do their duties.

Barry sighs as he walks out of the cortex and down the hallway of the lab, ready to get home to check up in Tori.

He hears footsteps running up behind him and turns around to see Cisco.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Cisco asks, concerned.

"Yeah. Why?" Barry asks, hoping he wouldn't have to talk about his child anymore with Cisco.

"You're going slower than normal" Cisco starts and Barry lets out a sigh he didn't know he was holding, "You clocked in at 1,450 miles an hour"

Barry chuckles, not seeing the issue, "I'm sorry, how fast do I usually run?"

"Like 1500. Are you okay? Like, with everything that's been going on? I know it's been a rough few weeks and-"