34. Not Not Enemies, Not Not Friends

Cisco had taken Caitlin out of the room as Harry tried to talk some sense into Barry as he continued to ask to reopen the breach so he could save Jay

Tori sat back quietly with Amethyst by her side.

"What the hell just happened?" Amethyst whispers to her mentor.

"I have no idea, but something isn't right" Tori responds.

Long story short, there's no way back to any other Earth, which Jesse didn't take too well and soon after that debacle, Barry stormed off, Tori letting out a sigh.

"I'll go check on him" she stands up and walks out of the room.

She watches as he paced down the corridor, grabbing his arm to stop him and he looks up at her.

"Tori, there's gotta be a way back-"

"There isn't, Barry. And even if there was, what are we gonna do? Zoom stabbed his hand through Jay's chest. He's gone. There's no point"

"Wha- How" he squeaks out in frustration, his hand running through his hair, "How can you be like that?"

Tori crosses her arms in front of her, "Like what?"

"I get it, you don't trust him, but as much as you don't trust him, he saved us. He brought us back here. He protected our city. You can't think of him as some scum who doesn't deserve to be saved"

"I never said that he didn't deserve to be saved, Barry. I said that it's too late to save him. He was stabbed through his chest, Allen. Dead. Gone. Back on another earth that we can't even enter anymore. There's nothing we can do as much as I would like to help. Do you understand?" her stance is stronger than his by now, her voice harsh and he purses his lips, knowing she was right but not wanting to admit it.

"Barry" she tries to grab his attention that had dropped to the floor but once she said his name, he looked into her eyes.

"Do you understand?" she repeats in a softer tone and he sighs before slowly nodding.

"I'm sorry I had to...be mean, I guess. And I'm sorry about what happened to Jay. But we have to keep moving on. Zoom is stuck on another Earth. He can't hurt us"

"Yeah, but he can hurt them. A whole other Earth of people-real people- are still being terrorized by Zoom" he sighs in defeat, his head dropping for what feels like the thousandth time, "I don't know what to do, Tori. I feel so helpless" he breaks down and she pulls him into her arms.

"Barry, I wish there was something we could do to help, but there isn't. We can keep trying and trying to muster up a plan but there's no way back to that earth-or any earth for that matter. I love you and I love your big heart that yearns to help others in need, but we have to move on in order to get anything done to help the people here, on this earth, in our families and friends' lives. Okay?" she pulls back, his hands on her waist and his head leaned into her hand as tears trickled down his face.