29. Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me

That night, Iris and Joe were staking out the drag racing alley that Iris has been reporting about because of her new found information of Wally being a drag racer

Long story short, while they were there, Tar Pit showed up, making the car spin and crash which resulted in a glass shard in Iris's chest before Barry, who ran as fast as he could as the Flash to stop Tar Pit, could prevent it from impaling her.

While Brooke, Matthew, and Joe were visiting with Iris who was in the hospital, Barry, Tori, Cisco, Caitlin, and Harry debriefed in the cortex.

Tori and Caitlin sat at the computers while Barry stood in front of his suit, trying to think of what made him unable to prevent Iris from getting hurt.

Cisco, who stood by Harry, noticed Barry's thoughtful regret and decided to try to cheer him up.

"Don't worry, we're gonna get him" Cisco walks towards his friend.

"I'm sorry, dude. What?" Barry comes out of his thoughts, making Tori glance up at the two boys.

"Tar Pit" Cisco clarifies, "You shouldn't worry. We're gonna get him with these" Harry tosses Cisco a metal block looking thing, making Cisco frantically catch them before giving Harry a look, "With these nitrous grenades" he exaggerates the danger of the gadget.

"Each of these has ten times the concentration of a hot rod's nitrous tank and is triggered by extreme heat. We're talking 650 degrees. That's the boiling point of asphalt, so one of these puppies makes contact, you got a Tar Pit popsicle for dessert" Cisco explains, making Tori zone back out of their conversation.

"All right, that's great" Barry nods, "Hey," he grabs Cisco's attention again, "look, I think that maybe you were right. I felt slower tonight. You know, not by much, but enough" now Tori is back in.

She gives Cisco and Barry a confused look, only Cisco catching it.

"Barry's been getting slower lately. Not by much but enough for me to notice" he quickly explains, now grabbing everyone's attention.

"Barry" Tori stands up with a concerned look on her face, "how come you haven't told me about this?" She asks as she walks to him.

"I didn't think much of it" he replies and she finally reaches him, placing her hand on his cheek.

"Could it be because of what's been going on?" Tori questions quietly and he shakes his head no.

Tori turns to Cisco, taking her hand off of Barry, Barry not enjoying the lack of warmth that was there now, "Well, do you think there's something wrong with the suit maybe?" She asks.

"It's unlikely. The readings from the suit are normal. You know I take care of that thing" Cisco explains and the pair nod in agreement.

"Am I sick?" Barry asks.