Chapter 6: Tensions Rising

It's been a week since the CCG came around. The teams been doing fine and recently, Ruby's had more free time to hang out with her and Jaune's team. However, on one Sunday morning, something happened Ruby didn't want to happen.

"What!? You applied for the CCG internship!?" Ruby asked, wide eyed. Weiss, confusing Ruby's shock to excitement, nodded excitedly.

"Yeah! I'm gonna be training under actual investigators who will teach me the ins and outs of working there! I'll even be sent on cases with them! It's gon-" Weiss said before being interrupted by Ruby.

"Why!?" She asked. Weiss was a little confused by this and answered with that on her sleeves.

"Because it's a great opportunity and will help when I take over the SDC." Weiss said.

"I'm just... scared you'll get hurt." Ruby said, not saying her thoughts.

'I'm scared I will be the one to hurt you.'

"Don't worry. It's no different than fighting Grimm." Weiss said, looking over a pamphlet on the internship.

'Wait, What!?'

"I'm sorry, but how is hunting down people the same as hunting down actual monsters?!" Ruby said, anger on her face. Weiss looked to her in confusion.

"They're hurting people." She said simply.

"They're doing what they need to do to survive!" Ruby yelled, by now Yang and Blake were just watching in shock.

"That doesn't mean that it's right."

"Just because they need to eat people doesn't mean they kill!"

"They're monsters who hurt people and you know that!"

"You're making it really hard not to punch you right now. Which is why I'm going out." Ruby said, getting up and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Weiss asked, getting up from her bed, setting the pamphlet down and putting an arm on Ruby's shoulder. Ruby, being pissed right the hell off, turned around and pushed her away by pointing a finger against Weiss's chest saying, "Anywhere away from you.", and then pushing her back with the finger before leaving. Three people left in the room and all were shocked.

"I'll talk to her. See what's wrong." Yang said after a few seconds of silent shock.
_____________
Yang was walking around when a person she recognized from Signal walked up next to her.

"Hey Yang." Said the boy. He had orange hair that was short, glasses, a chin so sharp it could cut glass, and a calming demeanor.

"Hey Nishiki. I'm a little busy looking for Ruby so, I'll get back to you." Yang said. The boy now called Nishiki nodded.

"I don't have anything to do today so let me help." Nishiki offered. Yang sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, fine." Said, giving in. She looked around and saw Ruby getting on one of the bull heads to Vale. "There!" She said, running towards it. By the time she got there, it was already off, but next to it was another one headed to Vale and the two arrived on that.

When they got down they saw Ruby head over towards Anteiku.

"Ruby!" Yang yelled out running after her. She turned around just as Yang tackle hugged her.

"Yang?!" Ruby said, in both shock and residual anger. "You followed me!?"

"You scared me! What's going on with you?" Yang said, concern filling her voice and lilac eyes.

"I'm fine!" Ruby said before noticing the man next to Yang. "Nishiki." Ruby said coldly. Yang picked up on the edge of that sentence.

"You know each other?" She asked. Ruby nodded.

"Yeah," said the red reaper with the same cold tone with an edge. "He frequents Anteiku. And he never tips, the bastard." She lied, the last two words shocking Yang. Touka has had more of an effect on Ruby than she thought.

"Why should I have to tip?" Kishiki said with a hint of annoyance. Like he's made this argument more times than he can count. "Why don't they just pay people normal wages!?"

"Let's talk about this over lunch." Yang said, lightly pushing Kishiki. "Don't think you're not in the clear yet, Ruby."
___________
The three walked about towards the restaurant when Nishiki stopped. Yang stopped to. No one was around except them.

"Nishiki, why'd you-" Yang started before Nishiki quickly brought his leg up and kicked her in the head, sending her flying into the alley they were next to.

"Nishiki, I swear to-!" Ruby started before Nishiki punched his hand into her stomach.

"God you're annoying." Nishiki said before tossing her off his hand and into the alley. Ruby dented into the wall of an abandoned trailer. Ruby groaned and fell out of the indentation. Nishiki walked past her. "I have been trying this eat this blonde headed bitch for 3 goddamn months now but you've been blocking me time and time again." Nishiki said, arriving at the unconscious blonde. He put his foot on her head.

"Don't..." Ruby growled, glaring at Nishiki. He simply laughed.

"Don't What? Do this!?" Nishiki asked, raising his foot and stomping on her head. Her aura had regained enough to block that attack. He then kept the toes of his shoe on her temple while moving his heel from left to right.

"Don't..." Ruby said again, getting up. "Fucking..." She was on her feet, looking down with her hair covering her eyes. She suddenly looked up at him, rage in her eyes and her eye a Ghoul's and her Kagune, 4 red tentacles, sprouted out of her back, her fists balled up. She jumped towards Nishiki who was looking down at Yang at the time. "TOUCH HER!" She shouted, her Kagune pushing ahead of her, pushing through the chest of Nishiki, causing him to be pushed back, far back seeing as the tentacle would stab him, retract and another would stab him, retract, and repeat. By the time she was done, Nishiki was full of holes and crawling away. Ruby's tentacle Kagune retracted back into her body. She collapsed onto her knees and pulled out her scroll. She pressed a few buttons before putting it to her ear.

"Hey Touka? ... Could ya come help? I'm bleeding out." She said before collapsing onto her chest, her scroll falling out of hands, clattering onto the floor.