Chapter 13: Lost Things

Ruby's day was going pretty good. There were no people crashing through her door drunk (Qrow and sometimes Yang), no people kidnapping her, nobody was getting murdered, it was a good day. Except for the rain. Rain was fucking annoying. It's like it fogged up her senses.

She was walking around, looking for supplies for team RWBY(even though it's summer break, food as well. All the junk food goes missing whenever Weiss is left alone with it. 'Maybe Weiss really hates junk food? She was etched into a prude by her father...' thought Ruby. She then heard the little girl from Anteiku.

"Ruby! Touka! Mommy needs help!" She was yelling. She was on the other side of the street from Ruby at this moment. Ruby quickly went to the other side of the road, dodging traffic, and crouched to be eye level with Hinami.

"Hinami! What's going on?" Ruby asked. She was concerned for the currently crying Hinami.

"Doves!"
______________
10 minutes earlier.
______________
That's it. Weiss had to quit this internship. She is going to leave end of the fucking week. It was raining, which would've done wonders to her damn outfit, so she wore a large white over coat over her normal out fit. They were waiting in an alley when a child ran in, followed by a woman, presumably the girl's mother.

"Where's daddy..?" Weiss heard the little girl ask quietly. The mother brought the girl behind her and looked at Mado who smiled.

"Hello, Mrs. Fuegechi. How's the husband?" He asked. The woman said nothing. "You going to go peacefully?" Mado asked again. The woman growled. "Good. Wouldn't want the family reunion to be boring!" He said enthusiastically. "Say hi to Daddy!" He yelled out, pulling out the handle of the metal suit case and swinging it towards them. The handle was attached to a pale yellow, large, spiked tentacle with red veins that could extend to a point. Before it could hurt the mother or the child, the mother's Kagune kicked in. Four wide tentacles wrapped around the two women.

After about 15 seconds of silence and inaction, the dome unfurled and the kid sprinted out of the alley. Mado frowned. "Shame..." He said quietly. "I wanted to collect the whole family!" He shouted, charging at her with the stolen Kagune. She brought her Kagune back up around her as the Mado and Amon started attacking the protective dome. Weiss did nothing but watch as these grown men attack this mother who seemed to do nothing wrong.

She watched as the two attacked and attacked for about 15 minutes straight. They stopped attacking and the dome fell and revealed a tired Mrs. Fuegechi. As this happened, just out of Weiss's focus, Weiss could swear she saw the kid try to run in and save her mother, only to be pulled away by Ruby Rose. But she was supposed to be refilling the mini fridge and all the junk food Weiss ate- THREW AWAY... anyway, so she must have seen wrong, right?

Mado raised the stolen Kagune.

"Y'know, watching ghouls mimic human behavior is like bad theatre. SO HOW ABOUT WE END THE SHOW!?" Mado yelled out, delighted and elated.

He swung at Mrs. Fuegechi's neck.
___________________
Ruby pulled Hinami away from the alley and into a hug. Hinami cried into Ruby's chest while Ruby whispered sweet nothings.

"It's okay."

"You'll be fine."

"Everything will be fine." Was the one she whispered as the Dove with a crazed smile and white hair cut off Hinami's Mother's head. A lone tear fell down her face. With that horrible thing witnessed, she picked Hinami up and quickly went to Anteiku.
__________________
"DAMN THEM!" Shouted Touka, slamming her hands into the table. Hinami was already upstairs. Ruby put her hands over Touka's fists.

"Calm down." Said the scythe wielder, still wearing Touka's clothes. Touka threw her hands up and out of Ruby's grasp.

"Calm down!? CALM DOWN?! How can I calm down about this?!" Shouted Touka. Ruby put her hands on Touka's shoulders in an effort to calm her down.