Chapter 21: The Calm

Blake was in the library, reading a book she's read before. An old fairytale he parents used to read. It used to always calm her when she was scared, or nervous.

Emphasis on "used to" seeing as it's not working.

Despite what she did to try and take her mind off it, her thoughts went back to her leader. People were starting to ask questions. Most by Team (J)NPR. Every time, they asked questions, Jaune told them to drop it and that it was fine.

God, why did he have to see the jar of her...

What kind of sick fuck were they even dealing with?

Nishiki looked over from across the table they sat at.

"You okay?" He asked, breaking the silence. Blake looked up at him, looked back down to the book and closed it. She then shook her head "no". Nishiki nodded in understanding. "Want to talk about it?" Nishiki asked. Once again, she shook her head. "Want a hug?" Blake blinked, not expecting that. She looked back up at the man who asked. It was hard to believe it. This young man in front of her who despite his usual vulgarity, had asked her if she wanted a hug. The same person who killed humans and Faunus to survive. She nodded her head and smiled once Nishiki walked around the table to next to her and hugged her. It was nice. The warmth from him was nurturing, kind. Her eyes closed as she melted into the hug and soon she found herself in a calm, deep sleep.
_______________
Yang stood in the gym once more, the gleam of sweat glistening on her skin. She picked up the white towel from the bench and patted her face with it. She looked down towards the floor as thoughts came to her mind.

How could she have let them take Ruby?

How could she have let them hurt Ruby?

How could have let them take Ruby's fucking eyes!?

How could she have let them?!

How could she!?
How could she!?
HOW COULD SHE!?
Yang slammed her fist through the bench. She sighed before bringing her hand back out of the hole and left the gym for her dorm. It was times like these she used to love, time to think, alone. Now? Well, now the trepidation when someone left the room was almost unbearable. Almost. But god, the silence of the hallway she was walking down was damn near too much for her. She'd put on music but her scroll died half an hour ago. And so she arrived at her dorm room in silence.

She entered to see Weiss once more at the cork board. Weiss swung around with a wide smile. "I think I know where they took Ruby."
_______________
Amon stood in front of Mado's Quinque storage room. R-Right. It's his now. He almost forgot. He steeped himself and opened the door. It opened to a wide array of briefcases, each with a different identifying code. Some had tags on them. Others just had a serial number. He finally came across the one he was looking for. It was brief case with a tag on it that said, for Amon. He smiled as tears threatened to stream down his face. His hand hesitantly reached out and grasped the handle of the briefcase and he fell to his knees as tear flowed down his face.
_______________
Blake's eyes fluttered open once more. It was the middle of the night if the darkness out the window was anything to go by. They were still in the library. Seems the librarian missed them. She looked over to Nishiki and saw that he had a large jacket next to him and that He himself was asleep as well. She then had an idea her sleep drunk mind immediately acted upon. She lazily grabbed his jacket and brought it over her and positioned herself on his lap and cuddled closer to him so that he got the warmth too. And she smiled into the warmth of his chest and ...

Like that, she was asleep.
____________________
Jaune Arc was awake. It was 12:59 AM... and he was still. Awake. He couldn't sleep as he stared up into the ceiling. His thoughts drifted around.

Is anyone else in Beacon awake?

How can everyone be asleep but me?

What's different about me?

What's wrong with me?

Where the hell is Ruby?

She was one of his best friends and his first at Beacon, of course he'd think about her.

What happened to Ruby?

Is she alive?

Tears started streaming down his face.

Fuck, she's gonna die isn't?

Oh goodness, I'm gonna lose my best friend.

I don't want to lose her...

He pulled the blanket close set to himself.

I don't think I can't stand to lose her...

He continued weeping, even after his partner, Pyrrha hugged him from behind to try and comfort him. Eventually, they both fell asleep.
________________________
Ruby had no idea what time it was but there was one thing she thought, despite how crazy may have sounded, one thing she knew...

It was that they were watching.

They were always watching weren't they?

Ever since she was born and people saw her special silver eyes, they were watching. Always watching, as she slept, as she studied m, as she bathed...

Goodness, they must be bored.

And so, she did the only thing she could do to entertain them.

She sang.

There were no words this song, barely a melody as she tried to find a means of escape. Anything really as she tried he best to find a way out, that's when she thought of it. The only way to escape. She pulled and pulled and pulled on her left wrist until...

Crack!

Her thumb broke and folded into her hand, just barely able to fit through the small entrance of the shackle. She then used the remaining four fingers to get the Aura dampener off, allowing her finally use her aura. She suppressed it manually however and brought her broken hand back through the shackle. Once it was in, she used her Aura to heal the thumb back up.

Then she stopped singing. "Now, you may be wondering what the hell is going on." She said to Them. The ones watching her, Them. "Well just wait and find out then..." she said with a smile. "After all..."

"I don't want to spoil the show."