Chapter 9: Team RWBY, Lien For Your Thoughts?

It's 12:38 PM. The sky is shrouded in darkness, the moon being one large contradiction. The stars being smaller contradiction. One large, beautiful contrast. This is when the city of Vale is the most beautiful. It's also when the most dangerous. When all you see is a moonlit figure walking towards you, one of three things will happen.

1.) Nothing. It's rare but sometimes that stranger just passes, no fanfare, no music, nothing. Just silence.

2.) You get mugged. This is something that happens often enough that sometimes a mugger will mug 20+ people and not even make 1 lien.

3.) You get murdered. Not as rare as number 1 but nowhere near as common as number 2. You walk along the sidewalk, someone is walking your way and you see them. You pretend not to as you force your legs not to run, to trust in human decency. But as you pass each other he puts a knife into your gut, making you think but a single sentence.

'Oh goddamnit!'

One of these things are what Ruby thought would happen to her when she sees a man in a dark hoodie walking towards her on the sidewalk. She was carrying 3 coffees and a Coco (Weiss weirdly hates coffee) for team RWBY as they studied, fresh from Anteiku. But there this guy was walking towards her.

She kept her way and continued, strong, confident!

...

And clumsy.

As the two neared each other, Ruby, not looking where she's going, tripped on the sidewalk. The man caught her, saving the coffee and Coco as well. She looked up at the man who had a kind smile. His features were hidden but she could still tell that his eyes were warm and a deep shade of dark green with hints of orange, like the midnight emerald forest caught fire.

"Wouldn't want you to fall now would we?" Asked the man, his voice suave and deep, but not too deep. Just the right amount of deep. She was blushed and looked away when she realized she was staring.

"Sorry..." She mumbled. Surprisingly, the man understood her.

"It's alright, you had no way of avoiding it." He said.

"I-I need to go!" Ruby said before walking away. The man responded one final time.

"Was a pleasure meeting you!" He yelled out at the retreating figure. The retreating figure left his sight. He smiled and inhaled deeply through his nose. He exhaled. "She smells delicious... the finest cuisine I'll ever consume..." He says with a smile, his eyes now red and black.
____________
A few days later
____________
Ruby was in Anteiku, making coffee while in her uniform. She heard a bell jingle signifying the entrance of a customer. She turned around to see the man from a few days ago. He's wearing a black hoodie, jeans, and skater shoes. His ruffled bed head hair is a dim orange, like dim embers. The rest of the crew is looking surprised and shocked. The man sees their reactions and scoffed.

"What? No party for the return of the prodigal son?" The man said, giving a slight pause before the word return. Touka was the first of the workers to speak up.

"What the hell are you doing here Braise?" Touka asked, her voice full of venom. The man, now known as Braise, smiled in cheerful mischief. Ruby liked his smile and unknowingly smiled herself, though something in the back of her head said stay back, like that instinct of keeping back from a fire, keeping you away from the beauty, but keeping both you and the fire safe.

"Well, I heard from the little grapevine," He started with a mocking tone before going into a his normal tone. "That this is best coffee place in town! So..." he said before giving a small shrug. "Here I am."
______________
Weiss hated today. They were hunting down Ghouls, killing all but one and letting them lead the three to other Ghouls and the cycle continues. They just kbilled this one group (much to Weiss' discomfort (even though she incapacitated them and the two detectives did the actual "killing")) and as they did, Mado said, "You don't catch flies with sugar or honey, but with other fliers. I wonder what flies you'll catch us, little insect!"

God, why did she get this horrifying Internship?
______________
Yang was in the Beacon Gym. She was punching this orange punching bag that was hanging from the ceiling. She had the right form, she was bouncing on the balls of feet, always ready to move. She started thinking about the attack from a Ghoul her sister saved her from. The sound from her hits got louder.

'I can't believe she protected me. She shouldn't have had to! I should've been stronger. I should've been stronger. I need to be stronger. For her.' She thought. 'I'll get stronger and beat the fuck out of the person that tried to attack us!' She thought, getting angrier as the thought went along, resulting in her semblance kicking in and her punching the bag off the chain and a hole in said bag, causing sand to leak onto the floor.
_______________
Blake was worried. She didn't show it of course, but she was worried. Her friend, (The two hung out and read together(in mostly silence, occasionally giving remarks about the book(though sometimes they would just talk about how good certain books are(Ninjas Of Love hasn't been discussed)))) Nishiki, hadn't been seen in, like, two days. They usually met up in the library, or they'd pass each other in the halls. Concerned, Blake had gone to his dorm room. Now she stood in front of the door of her friend's room, the door slightly ajar, allowing her to look in slightly. When she knocked on the door, it slowly pushed open revealing Nishiki, in the middle of the floor, curled up in a ball, A blanket over him.

She closed the door behind her and sighed. "Fucking slept in." She muttered before grabbing the blanket and picking it up off of him. She barely had enough time to wonder why the blanket was heavy before she saw the blood. It was a lot of blood. 'Oh god so much blood. His eyes are black and red... Oh god...' thought Blake. "Are you okay?" She asked, kneeling down next to him. His breathing was raspy.

"Need... Eat..." He said, to tired to do anything. 'Shit... what do I do... he's really my only friend outside of RWBY and JNPR...' Blake thought before she sighed. She grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up so that he sat in front of her. Letting her aura down, she revealed her shoulder.

"Eat." She said.
________________
Ruby brought Braise his order. Straight black coffee. He took it into his hands with a smile.

"You a huntress?" He asked before taking a sip. Ruby simply nodded in response before adding "In Training." He nodded. "Of course. Still exciting correct?" He asked. She nodded with a smile before going on a ramble about Beacon and fighting Grimm and her team and her friends and how she's currently rambling and how she just can't stop and how she's running out of breath and how she's getting light headed and-

THUD

Huh.