Chapter 12: Nishiki's Redemption Finale

"Ohhoho!" Said Feu Braise, a sadistic smile on his face. "You caught me while I was monologuing!"

Feu's fist slammed into Nishiki's face, sending him stumbling back, pulling his Kagune out of Braise. He fell onto the floor as Nishiki stabled himself with the wall. Feu coughed up more blood and looked to Ruby.

"You... my finest cuisine..." He said, quietly before looking to Nishiki. "YOU WILL NOT WASTE HER!" He shouted and charged as 3 black jagged tentacles came out of his lower back. They were sent out ahead of him, locking Nishiki's two blue tentacles. They pushed on each other, each fighting a battle that neither wanted to lose. Ruby was astonished at how hard the two were fighting. She couldn't just leave Nishiki. No... she had to help. She had to. 'Maybe... I can just power through the pain.' Thought Ruby as she tried to summon her Kagune. The same pain came and she kept trying, attempting to push through the pain. After about eight seconds, it shot out of her back and immediately cut off the collar, destroying the source of the pain, thus relieving her of the struggle allowing her to relax for a second.

Nishiki And Feu pushed off each other, reaching opposite sides of the room. Feu snarled in anger. This was not going his way. How was this child pushing him back?! He lunged again towards him. The Ghoul Huntsman in Training easily dodged and plunged his Kagune into Feu's back. He cried out in pain before the noir colored Kagune wrapped around the bright blue one and tossed him through the wall, back into the (now mostly ruined) hall of mirrors before jumping after him, leaving Ruby tied to the table.

Ruby used her Kagune to slash the restraints on her, freeing her. She got up and headed to the hole left by Nishiki. She looked at Nishiki and Feu fighting hard, occasionally hitting mirrors instead of the enemy. She looked at her Kagune... and had an idea.

Nishiki was getting annoyed. This bastard, just wouldn't die! He needed to end this soon before he's the one who-

All of a sudden, a red blur surrounded Feu. It circled around the man multiple times for about 10 seconds before it stopped and Ruby appeared between the two men. Nishiki looked at Feu. He looked fine. That is until he saw the stabs and slashed starting to gush out. He collapsed onto his knees, clutching the knew wounds. There were too many. He fell onto his chest, gasping for air. Ruby looked Nishiki in the eyes.

"Let's go home." She said. Before collapsing onto Nishiki.
___________________
Touka arrived at an abandoned warehouse. 'Trail ends here...' She thought. The door opened to reveal Nishiki holding an unconscious Ruby bridal style.

"Ruby!" She yelled, running to Nishiki. She hugged the unconscious reaper.

"Come on, let's get her into a bed." Nishiki said with a smile.
_______________
Ruby woke up slowly. She woke up to the same old ceiling of Anteiku. Same old smell of Anteiku Coffe. But something was different. People were arguing.

"I don't care if you don't like it, it's the god damn uniform!" Yelled out one voice. Feminine, tomboyish. It belonged to Touka. Sound couldn't leave the rooms but it could enter from the cafe.

"It's a fucking shitty uniform and you know it!" Said another voice. Male, sounded conceited, easily angered. Nishiki?

Ruby got up and went down to the cafe. She was still in her huntress uniform. She opened the door between the stairs and the cafe to see Nishiki and Touka at each other's throats. Nishiki was wearing an Anteiku uniform. It was... funny. That uniform on Nishiki? That's like putting a hat on a pit bull.

Ruby started laughing. The two that were arguing turned to the laughing Huntress in Training. They were a little confused before Nishiki realized and his eyes turned from confusion to anger.

"YOU LAUGHING AT ME YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!?" He yelled, causing Ruby to double over in laughter.
________________
Feu was bleed out on the floor. No, he couldn't die here, like a rat! No... he had to survive. He slowly stood up and started walking out of the ware house.

"Must... get... to Aogiri..."
________________
Kureo Mado, Kotaro Amon, and Weiss Schnee were all walking to wards what appears to be a metal shack. Apparently, this was where a ghoul got a weapon, Weiss doesn't really care. She just wants this internship to be over. It was a terrible idea.

The wall of the shack gets knocked down as a man tumbled out of the house as if he were thrown. When the dust settles, a large man with what appears to be a white suit on is revealed.

"Jason." Mado whispered angrily, and yet gleefully. Mado's briefcase opened up to reveal the the tentacles and Amon's opened up to reveal a large double handed mace, like a cylinder attached to a stick. Weiss pulled out her rapier with little flourish and the three attacked the suited Ghoul. The suited Ghoul was already bored of the situation and so when Mado's weapon tried to wrap around Jason, the Ghoul's Kagune wrapper around it and destroyed the weapon. Mado looked at the destroyed weapon and frowned.

"Aww." He simply said before being kicked away by Jason. Jason the promptly ran off. Weiss went up to the doctor and saw he was a Ghoul. Mado saw too. "I wonder what Quinque you'll make for us." He said before turning to Weiss. "Kill him." She swallowed. She raised her rapier and plunged it down. Her face was contorted in rage and anger. Not because she killed a man.

But because she no longer cried because of it.

In the man's hands lay a child's drawing. Of him and his family. He had a daughter.

She starts to cry.
________________
A few days later.
________________
Ruby brought coffee to the small girl that was newly brought to Anteiku. She was nice. Her name was Hinami Fueguchi. Ruby's even begun teaching her. She and her mother left today to go to a book signing and It was Ruby's day off so she's just walking around Vale (the city) in hopes of finding something interesting. What could go wrong?