A Good Day

It was one of those days, those days when the weather seems perfect, the daily coffee shop gets practically empty, the bus leaves you a window-seat and people who normally couldn't care less about you, smile at you for no particular reason; those ...

It was one of those days, those days when the weather seems perfect, the daily coffee shop gets practically empty, the bus leaves you a window-seat and people who normally couldn't care less about you, smile at you for no particular reason; those days that takes a pity on your existence and cuts you some slack by being good to you. It was a good day indeed. At least, it was in the beginning.

Kira was seemingly happy that day. The bus ride was peaceful and the traffic was mild. She even got to sit with a friend! She had met Mrs.Min a few years ago when they both frequently met at the bus.

"Farming is my hobby." She had said, and she came to the city to sell her little produce in the nearby market. It was her way of spending her free time. Kira liked the company of the old lady and often helped her carry the bags to the market.

Today was an especially significant day for the lady because her grandson had recently moved into the city and had asked her to stay with him for a while. Mrs. Min was absolutely fond of her grandson and was over the moon to finally meet him after a while.

"Let me get this for you." Kira smiled as she got down the bus and took the bag from the lady's hand.

Mrs. Min didn't resist, she was used to this for a while now. They walked for a while before pausing to cross the road. "He's standing right there!" beamed the old lady looking at a young man by the other end of the road.

Just then, without warning, a posh black Porsche zoomed inches past by them, completely disregarding the traffic signal. The number plate was quiet easy to catch, a fancy one bought especially for it. It was clearly the doing of a rich brat who thought they owned the world. Kira took a deep breath, she wanted to calm down. They finally reached the end of the road and they all seemed to be at loss of words.

"Kids are too spoiled these days." Was all Mrs.Min managed to say, Kira couldn't blame her, she was too excited to see her grandson to think much about it.

"Kira, meet my grandson, Yoongi." She smiled. Kira smiled at the young man and greeted him with a bow.

"Grandma keeps talking about you on the phone. Thank you for helping her out."

"Anything for a friend." Kira laughed.

"I have to get going; I've got something to look after." She waved them goodbye and took out her phone. She dialed quickly as possible. The other end answered with a pleasant "Hello". "Hoseok, I need you to track down a black Porsche. Here's the number plate." A minute later, her phone beeped with the location of the car. It was close-by, a short distance walk.

She got to the warehouse pretty quick and sure enough, there in the parking lot, stood the same black car that had almost hit them. She looked around and found a perfect rock. She aimed it at the back glass and it shattered into million pieces, setting off an alarm. Kira wasn't afraid. Dirty-doers must be punished, she thought and was not taken aback when she heard a man shout.

A handsome man stood there, gaping at her like she had gone crazy. He looked familiar but Kira was too angry to think straight. He was obviously young, dumb and rich. "Why the hell did you do that?!" he shouted, his jaw almost hitting the floor with surprise.

"That was a tiny punishment. If you're old enough to drive, you must be old enough to have at least a little bit of common sense. You sped by when the signal was clearly red."

He didn't say anything. She took that as a cue to continue "I know you're rich. And I know that reporting you wouldn't affect you at all. But this, this might stay as a reminder and get through to your tiny brain. People's lives matter. If you don't respect it, at least don't sabotage it." She said and walked away. Oh her day just got so much better.

Her walk back to office was all smiles and she patiently waited for the elevator to take her to her floor. In her office sat Jin, her best friend, lost deep in thoughts.

"Earth to Jin!" She said and Jin looked up, looking exhausted. That's weird, it was only morning and an empty coffee cup was next to him, something's off.

"You're here." He said. Kira could clearly see the struggle he was putting up to stay calm.

"Is everything alright?" She asked slowly.

"Not really." He replied.

'He's talking in short phrases, something is definitely off.' Kira thought.

"What's wrong?"

"Our company, it's being bought. I got paperwork today morning, it's barely giving us anytime." Jin mumbled.

Hold up, she thought. As far as a bad day meter went, this clearly exceeded it. Their company was their life and they'd been close to it for years. Both Kira's and Jin's parents had built it up with hard work. Why would anyone want to buy her company for practically no reason at all? She wasn't just going to sit there and watch her life being taken away; she was going to stand up for it.

"Who is buying it?"

"Saengmyeong ltd." Jin said.

"I'll try the good way first, if not..." She trailed off and Jin nodded. He knew exactly what she meant.

And so she went, planning all her statements in her head. She luckily got an appointment with the CEO. Maybe, she could still have a good day; she thought and smiled at the lady who let her into the office.

Kim Taehyung.

That was the name of the guy who was on the verge of buying her company. She took a deep breath, put on her most charming smile and entered, only to confirm that she'd screwed up.

There, sitting on the chair was the same guy she'd met a few hours ago. The same guy, whose car she had destroyed.

It was 'good day' indeed.