Engagement

"I've got them all done

"I've got them all done. I can finally sleep!" Yoongi smiled, keeping all the files on Kira's table. He was an absolute delight to work with excluding those numerous times he was caught sleeping. He loved his job, he was happy.

"Game on Sunday?" Hoseok asked passing by.

"You bet." Yoongi fist-bumped him. They both walked out of the room, a sense of bromance drifted in the air.

After a while, Taehyung walked in, handing out papers. He had moved into their office a week ago.

One morning, Kira had peacefully walked into the office only to find him sitting happily in the next room. When she asked him why he was here, he had simply replied that he wanted a change and that it would be easier for them to work together for the upcoming project. "Besides, Jungkook needs to learn how to handle an office all by himself." Taehyung had reasoned.

Kira was sceptical but she didn't exactly have much of a say it in. Now, he would randomly walk into to her and Jin's office to talk 'Business'.

"Are you done with the morning files?"

"Got a few more." Kira replied, barely giving him any attention.

"Let's get lunch!" He said, cheering up at the thought of food.

"No Thank you."

"Oh come on! Its food, how can you decline it?!"

"I've got work, Taehyung."

"But I am hungry." He whined.

"You are more than welcome to go have it by yourself."

He pouted.

"There are fruits on Jin's table. You can have that." Kira said, being considerate.

He picked up an apple from the table and stared at it. Then, out of nowhere, he threw it at Kira yelling "Catch!"

Thank god for her quick reflexes. She caught the apple, inches before it could hit her face and raised an eyebrow at him. He had a huge cheeky grin on his face.

"You know, according to Greek traditions, if one throws an apple and the other catches it, they get engaged. So technically, we're engaged." He smirked.

Kira sighed. "You're not going to leave me alone, are you?"

He shook his head like a child. There was no point in trying so she gave up and accompanied him out.

"...and that's how I learned never to mess with Jungkook. I value my health more." He finished, gulping down his food.

Kira laughed at the story. She realized how strange this was. A month ago, if someone had told her that she'd be having casual lunch with the illegal badass head of one of the leading companies in the country, she would have laughed it off but here she was. Things do change.

She finished up her dish and took out her purse.

"I'll pay." Taehyung stopped her.

"Its fine, I can pay for myself."

"No! How can I let my precious fiancé pay the bill?" He grinned innocently.

Kira shot him a confused look.

"We're technically engaged, remember?" He said.

Kira had almost forgotten about that. He's never going to quit and she knew it.

"Technically, neither of us are Greek so shut up and let me pay for my lunch."

He sulked. She did have a point.

"My fiancé is so witty. Keep up the good work, honey." He tried with the pure intention of annoying her.

"Call me that one more time and I wouldn't hesitate to break your neck." Kira scowled.

Taehyung chuckled softly.

***

Kira was almost dozing off when her phone jostled her back to reality. It was Jin.

"Hey Jin, what's up?"

"I need you to come down. Quick!"

His voice was laced with panic and it got Kira worried. There are very few things in this world that could get Jin shook.

"I am on it." She said, running as fast as she could.

She reached the ground floor, panting. In her rush, she didn't even bother taking the elevator. This was an emergency.

She saw Jin standing by the lobby with a strained expression.

"What is it?" She enquired. "What happened? Are you okay?"

Jin looked at her with all seriousness. His wide shoulders were stiff and his thick lips were shut tightly. Other than that, he seemed fine. What else could it be? Her mind started running over all the worst possible scenarios.

Just then, Jin's lips quivered. She thought he was going to cry but to her surprise, he burst out laughing, barely able to control himself. "You should see your face right now." He said, almost out of breath.

"Park Minjee?" A familiar voice teased from behind and Kira felt something she hadn't felt in a long time.

A/N: Any guesses on who it could be? ;)