Unheard Melodies

A/N: I really recommend listening to the song along with the chapter

Kira trudged along behind Taehyung as he dragged her through the mall. She was utterly and clearly exhausted. There were dark circles under her eyes and the only fairly normal meal she had had that week was at Yoongi's place.

The perfectionist in her always got the best of her but at times, it proved to be the worst too. When it came to work, her body and mind never bothered about food or sleep. She could go on for days and even weeks, working like a robot without rest. The hot chocolate incident should have given her the hint but she was foolish enough to heed her own warnings.

She was craving to hit the bed during the weekends but all plans had been demolished when Taehyung asked her out. It was Jungkook's birthday and he wanted to buy him a present. He could have simply ordered something online but being old-fashioned, he wanted to put an effort into buying the present.

So when Taehyung came up to her with a suggestion of spending some quality time together, she couldn't resist him. Besides, they hadn't had a decent time together as an 'official couple.' Seeing that waiting for another weekend would just take too long, Kira put their happiness before her own health.

"Bingo. I found you." He smiled fondly at the huge Gucci store, excitedly dragging the Zombie-Kira along.

He immediately started picking out fashionable clothes, classifying them into ones that just look good and ones that would look good on Jungkook. His face was clenched in concentration, hands flying around through the clothes. It was clear that he was a regular customer when the guy at the store smiled at him and just let him be.

Kira groaned, desperately trying to find a chair somewhere nearby. Taehyung paused momentarily amid his scavenger hunt and looked at her, worry etched deep in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. Kira nodded and forced a smile, lying affirmatively that she was fine. He didn't seem convinced until Kira distracted him with a fancy denim jacket.

Being satisfied with his selection, he pointed to a pair of white-gold shoes and said "That would look good on you." He took it up, admiring its surface.

"I don't know." Kira blurted out. "I am more of a louis vuitton person."

"You're kidding me." He said; his voice deadpanning.

"I am not." Kira shrugged.

Taehyung looked like she personally insulted him, his family and his cow. "I suggest we change topic before I end up breaking up with you."

Kira chuckled uncontrollably at his sudden change of expression.

"This is not funny." His gaze was as cold as ice.

"Okay okay. Calm down, Gucci boy. Let's just get some ice cream, okay?" She suggested.

Taehyung nodded and they headed out after paying the bill. He insisted that he wasn't hungry but made sure that she got a huge scoop. The moment the ice cream came in contact with her lips, she knew how hungry she was. She eagerly gulped down huge spoons of the cold ambrosia and Taehyung watched her, his face resting on his palms.