Hope-less

"I

"I... don't want to take the job."

Taehyung heard a chuckle from the other end, one that suggested it was good joke but that it was time to get real now.

"No, I am serious. I am... sick of this. I want to get over with all of this. I am done doing the dirty work. I want a new start, I-"

"Are you betraying me?" The voice seethed from the other end.

"Betray? No of course not-" Taehyung tried.

"I raised you, gave you name worth holding on to, I made you who you are today. Are you defying me?"

Taehyung sighed, a long one. He knew it could never be easy, if it did, it wouldn't be with the M he knew, the M who taught him the darker trades. But he had to try. He knew now that this wasn't what he wanted but he didn't know how to confront M about it. He knew he wanted to get out of this mess but didn't know how to.

"No sir. I am not." He replied in a low voice.

"Good. That's what I thought. Supply comes at eight..." He trailed off detailing the plans as usual. But Taehyung couldn't concentrate.

***

"Nope. You're not going again." Jin deadpanned.

"Why?!" Kira whined.

"Because you're spending time with me."

"But... but... but..."

"No 'but's Kira. You've been moving our plans for months now. So, I am going to bring out the old pact back again and you're staying with me for dinner tonight."

Kira scowled. "It's not like I am with him all the time..."

"Oh really? Where were you last month when Hoseok and I went for paintball game alone?"

"I was with.... him?"

"Where were you last week when we suggested watching that movie together?"

"I was with him."

"Where were you yesterday when we planned that whole dinner with Namjoon?"

"I was with him." Kira avoided his gaze.

"And where were you today morning?"

"At his place?"

"Where are you about to go now?"

"Okay fine, I get your point." Kira muttered.

Jin looked triumphant at exposing her and she simply avoided his gaze. They decided to head out and get dinner when the doorbell rang in urgency. Jin was halfway into putting on his jacket when he was greeted by an exhausted Namjoon and a wasted Hoseok.

"What happened?"

Namjoon could barely spill out words as he panted and huffed. "He... got... Drunk and he ... took call. I have to get back... dinner with mom." He made just enough sense to let them know that he was in a hurry.