The Bargain

"You didn't have to, Mrs

"You didn't have to, Mrs. Min." Kira said, lifting up the bag containing Kimchi.

"Oh it was nothing, my dear. I was bored and I ended up making too much of it." The old woman replied, walking in short steady paces.

They crossed the road and as expected, Yoongi stood there. He smiled warmly at his grandmother and took up her package. He bowed politely at Kira and the trio exchanged goodbyes.

Kira walked over to her office building, she was dreading it. Unlike other times, her company was facing sudden loses. Their stocks were falling hard and their current shareholders seemed to back-out without reason.

"How are the stats?" She asked Jin, placing the bag on the table.

"Bad." He said. Worry and tension was clearly written all over his face.

"Should I head over to the bank?"

"I am afraid so. We need funds desperately. We're incurring too much loses." Jin sighed.

Kira nodded and prepared all her documents and left for the bank. She knew that she'd have to spend the whole day there but she was prepared for it.

She'd been in the bank for almost two hours now and it still seemed like an impossible job to get the money. It was as if bad luck was having an unlucky day in itself.

"I'll run through the requirements for that. Please wait over there." Said the lady by the counter. Kira sighed and started going through her documents once again.

"We seem to be seeing a lot of each other lately."

Kira dreaded that voice. Of all the places and times she could have a chance encounter with Kim Taehyung, today wasn't the day Kira was looking forward to.

"Not now, Taehyung. I am having a bad day."

"Seems to me, you're always having a bad day." She heard him mutter. She looked up at him unamused.

"I am having a very good day. So, allow me to listen to your concerns."

Kira would have found that odd if it was any other day. But nevertheless, she told him about her whole situation.

"So, your stocks are not exactly the hot item in the market and you need money to survive?"

"That's one way to put it." Kira said.

"I see. I could help you." Taehyung said simply.

Kira looked up at him. Was he serious? Why would he help her?

Kira hesitated for a while and settled on saying, "I am fine. Thank you."

"Are you sure about that? You seem desperately in need of help. I am offering this as a friend but I'll be handling it as a business man. I don't mind taking a few investments."

Kira was tempted but she had to hold her stand. An offer from people like Taehyung always came with a price.

"And what do you expect in return?" Kira asked.

"Nothing much, actually. A date. That's all."

Kira could not believe her ears. He was willing to make investments for a single date?

"Oh and a good growth in your business would be nice but I leave that up to you. I'll make the investment if you go on a date with me."

Kira remained silent. It seemed like a good deal and she was desperate for funds. But on the contrary, it would also mean losing her stand. Confusion was clearly written all over her face and he saw that too.

"You don't have to say it now. Think about it and give me a call." He said, handing out a card.

Kira took it hesitantly and before she could respond, the woman at the counter called her out.

***

"Tell me you have good news." Jin said from the other line of the phone.

"I've got both."

"Is there any chance that you'll talk only about the good?" He pleaded.

"I don't think so because it comes with a price."

"Okay?"

"Bad news is that the bank can't transfer the required fund anytime soon. Our other sources are so weak, it's better not to mention them."

Jin swore. "And the good news?"

"I met Taehyung."

"How is that ever going to be good news?"

"He said he'd help us...."

"If?"

"If I go on a date with him." Kira completed.

Jin paused for a while and said "Considering it's him, I am surprised he didn't directly ask to sleep with you. What do you think?"

"There's definitely something fishy going on."

"I thought so too. I hate to do this to you but can you say yes? I mean, I know he's dead meat if tries to pull a stunt on you but if it's just a date..." He trailed off.

"I guess we've got no choice then." Kira said and held up the card in her hand.

A/N: ONE WORD: HIXTAPE!!!!