Under The Weather- Part 1

There was pin-drop silence in the room or at least anxiety drowned every noise around her

There was pin-drop silence in the room or at least anxiety drowned every noise around her. Sweat trickled from her forehead and her palms were sticky. Her hand shook a little, her eyes trained in concentration, daring not to break eye contact. Her whole body was clenched in anticipation and her mouth was slightly agape, allowing only short gasps to escape her lips. Her knees trembled but determination was strong on her face.

"Just a little more." She whispered to herself.

She could feel the thumping beat of her own heart but numerous others seemed to go on a chorus along with it. And then she saw it. Her destiny; her destiny that was bound to decide her fate. It was now or never, do or die, all or nothing.

"I WIN!!!" She heard a loud scream and a chorus followed. Her hands lost all control and her jaw gritted as she saw dread before her.

In bright neon words, it said "PLAYER A WINS! PLAYER B LOSES!"

"Oh fuck you!" She swore loudly as she slammed the console on the table.

Tournament night was a prestigious annual competition held by Jin, Hoseok and Kira. This year presented itself to be the most challenging since its creation (Eight years ago). Contestants extended out to Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin and the ultimate tough champion: Jungkook.

It had always been a tight competition between Hoseok and Kira, but that did not stop Jin from having a few triumphant years himself. Other contestants varied every year but this year, a gang of geeky enthusiastic, adults signed up for the competition.

After various rounds of rigorous games, the final showdown was between Kira and Jungkook. As the cheers suggested, Jungkook had won the championship leaving Kira to dread what was coming for her: The ultimate penalty. It was funny how the penalty went not to the loser, but to the second best. It was hosted at Jungkook's place and the others hugged him as if we just won 20 gold medals for Olympics.

"It's okay loser, better luck next time. But I must admit it was good game." Sneered Jungkook.

A weak thunder rumbled outside and it went unnoticed by the gang as they cheered loudly and made a ruckus. The penalty had been decided, following the mercy of the winner, Kira had to sit on the front lawn all night until morning. No phone, no entertainment, and worst of all no sweater; unfortunately she was wearing a tank top underneath. Not bad, Kira thought, she was prepared for that.

She checked her phone and the climate predicted huge thunderstorms. Kira sighed in relief knowing that the predictions always noted the opposite.

The others left one by one and Jungkook said goodbye as he smugly got inside the comfort of his house. Kira sat glumly on the lawn, angry and embarrassed at herself for losing in the final round. The wind was getting uncharacteristically chilly and she hugged her knees, curling up into herself for warmth. She rubbed her arms so that the friction could create heat.