Curfew

The only thing she could focus on was the rhythmic movement of her legs hitting the pavement

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The only thing she could focus on was the rhythmic movement of her legs hitting the pavement. Her whole body boiled with anger and she just gave into where her legs were taking her. She had a fight with Jin, what started out as a tiny argument went overboard, resulting in Kira stomping out of her own house.

The fight was so silly that she didn't even remember what caused it, but her stubborn self was not willing to stoop down to an agreement. And so she walked, her eyes trained on the floor. It was late dawn and the skies were already transitioning from deep blue to pitch black.

She looked around the neighbourhood and unfamiliarity settled in. She looked around and it seemed like a posh residential area with not much hotels in visibility. Not that it would be of any help because she was penny-less. She had stormed out of the place with absolutely nothing in her hands.

Kira zipped the grey hoodie to her neck as she shivered lightly. It was cold, snow still littered the place and it had lost all its Christmas charm. She didn't want to go home because that would mean admitting defeat and she did know a certain house in this neighbourhood. She debated for a while, contemplating on all the possible ways it would seem awkward to stay the night at Taehyung's place.

Not able to withstand the cold any further, she hesitantly walked towards the huge house. She stood in front of it, gathering courage before finally hitting the doorbell. The house remained silent for a long while and dread began to settle in. When she finally decided to turn around, she heard the door fly open.

Jungkook stood by the door giving her a questioning glance. "Minjee?"

Kira explained her silly situation and he chuckled before letting her in. Her eyes wandered around the huge place, expecting to find another face.

Jungkook seemed to read her mind. "Taehyung isn't here, he uh went out." Kira nodded. It was a Saturday night and Kira didn't question where he went. Jungkook led her up to the second floor of the house. A few rooms were scattered around the place; he pointed to one as Taehyung's and the other as the guest room.

Kira walked into the vacant guest room and sat on the big bed. The bed sheet seemed cold, suggesting that it was unused in a while. The room was practically empty with the exception of a few blank cupboards. She checked her pockets frantically, relief flooding over as she took out the phone. She scrolled through it idly and soon, she yawned in exhaustion.

Standing up from the bed, she hesitantly walked towards Taehyung's room. She swung it open and quietly crept inside. It was much more crowded than the guest room. Unwanted artefacts were scattered all over the place and his huge closet was hard to miss. No wonder why this guy dressed like a model, he was a fashion freak.

Kira sat on the bed and the soft mattress beckoned her to lay on them. The moment her face hit the soft pillow, her eyes found themselves hard to remain open. The bed smelled of him. Kira didn't realize how distinct his smell was until she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.